Chapter 3

When Louis wakes up the next morning, he has a couple short messages from Harry.

'Good morning!'

'You're probably still asleep Oops.'

'Really sorry if I wake you up. Text me when you get these.'

Louis smiles as he listens to the robotic voice recite the messages, shaking his head fondly. He sent a quick morning! And plugged his phone in, going to take a shower. He couldn't get the smile off his face.

Lottie has TMZ on downstairs when Louis makes his way down, carefully holding onto the railing. When he gets into the living room, he hears what's being said on the TV.

"Yeah, so let's talk about that for a minute. Harry Styles was seen with that odd fellow again."

"I think he's blind. He was seen with that little cane, and he's also got those huge glasses on! Maybe that explains why he almost got hit by that car?"

Louis stands behind Lottie, chewing on his bottom lip. He hears the scene switch to what he guesses is a clip of him having a seizure.

"I've never seen anything like that. He just completely steps off the curb and Harry pulls him back. It's so weird."

When his phone goes off, Louis doesn't even flinch. He blinks a few times. Lottie jumps and turns around, finally realizing Louis was standing there. She turns the TV off and grabs Louis's phone, shaking his shoulder gently.

"Louis, Louis!" She said, patting his cheek. "It's Harry. Answer your phone."

Louis shakes his head as he comes to, quickly answering his phone. "H-Hello?"

"Oh my gosh, Louis, I'm so so sorry," Harry rambles quickly. "My team is working on finding something to get TMZ in trouble for what they did. You don't deserve that and I'm so so sorry!"

"Harry, calm down," Louis murmurs, sitting on the couch. "Breathe. Relax."

Harry exhales slowly. "Did you see the TMZ bit?" he asks, chewing on his bottom lip.

Louis sighs quietly, pulling his knees to his chest. "Yeah, it was on when I came downstairs. I-don't worry about it," he murmurs. "It's not your fault, yeah? It's fine."

"I was worried you'd be mad about it," Harry breathes. "I was so scared. I really hate that they did that to you."

"Harry, really," Louis chuckles softly, rubbing his eyes. "It's not that big of a deal. If you're that worried about it, make it up to me by taking me to dinner tonight."

Louis can hear Harry's smile through the phone. "Yeah, that sounds perfect. I'll pick you up at five, yeah? We can go to that little diner downtown. That sound okay?"

"Sounds better than okay," Louis giggles softly. "See you then, Harry."

-0-

"Absolutely not, Louis," Jay frowns, crossing her arms. "Lottie said you had a seizure earlier, and you've had three more since I've come home. I don't want you leaving the house tonight. It's too dangerous."

Louis scowls, turning his body to face Jay. "That's not fair, mum! I'm not a baby. Stop treating me like I'm incompetent! I can take care of myself!"

"Louis, do not raise your voice at me," Jay says sternly. "You know it's not safe for you!"

"Stop coddling me. I'm going out with Harry tonight and you can't stop me!" Louis stomps upstairs, slamming his door shut to get ready. He pulls on some jeans and a t shirt, not bothering to look fancy. He knew it was a casual date. He grabs a scarf last minute, wrapping it around his neck.