Chapter 4

When Louis wakes up later that evening, it's because his phone is ringing in his ear. He groans quietly and answers it, rubbing his eyes. "Hello?" he mumbles, voice thick with sleep.

Harry's voice, however, is soft and sweet. "Oh, did I wake you up?" he murmurs. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"No, no, it's okay," Louis yawns, rubbing his eyes as he sits up. "Whenever I have a seizure, it makes me sleep more than usual. It's fine."

"Okay, I was just calling to check in on you, see how you're doing," Harry hums. "How're you feeling?"

"I'm doing as well as I can with a gash on my forehead," Louis laughs softly, standing up slowly. "No, but really, I'm fine. This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me. How was your interview?"

Harry chuckles quietly, sounding more like a rush of air through the phone. "Greg gave me shit as usual, but it went pretty okay." He was quiet for a minute. "Hey, can I come over for a bit tonight? I just- I miss you," he admits, cheeks burning.

"I'll ask mum if you can, yeah," Louis hums, feeling his heart fluttering. Harry misses him. He actually misses him. "She's usually pretty protective after I have my seizures, but I'm sure she'll say yes." He sighs softly. "Speaking of my mum, she's calling me for dinner. I'll call you back after and let you know what she says, okay?"

"Okay, yeah," Harry smiles. "I'll talk to you in a bit, then."

Louis pads his way downstairs, hand tracing the wall from instinct. He maneuvers his way to the table and sits in his normal spot, smiling when he hears his plate set down in front of him. He likes to be independent, but making his own plate was something he just couldn't do. "Thanks, mum."

"You're welcome, sweetie," Jay smiles, kissing his forehead gently. "How're you feeling? Does your head hurt too bad? Did you get enough sleep?"
"Geeze, mum, one question at a time," Fizzy laughs softly, shaking her head. "Gonna overwhelm him."

Louis sticks his tongue out in Fizzy's direction. "I'm feeling fine, mum. My head hurts, but I got plenty of rest. I'm okay, I promise."

There's small talk about the day as everybody eats. Louis doesn't give much input, but he listens intently, turning his head toward whoever was talking at the time. As much as his sisters irritate him, he loves them to death. Once everybody is done, Louis helps gather the dirty dishes and takes them to the sink. He wishes he could do more to help out, but he just can't.

"Hey, mum?" Louis murmurs, leaning against the counter as she rinses the dishes. "I have a question for you."

Jay hums quietly. "What's up?" she murmurs, taking a look at his cut to see if it needed cleaning.

"Can Harry come over tonight?" Louis asks quietly. He holds his breath slightly, silently begging his mum to say yes. "He says he misses me and he wants to come over."

"I'm not sure, Lou," Jay says, frowning a bit. "You had a pretty bad seizure today, love. I can tell you're still sluggish from it. Are you sure you're feeling okay to have company?"

Louis nods eagerly, regretting it when his head starts pounding. "yes yes, I feel fine. Please, mum? I just want him to come over so I can spend some time with him again."

Jay reluctantly agrees and watches as Louis practically runs up the stairs giggling. She doesn't want anybody over-she just wants Louis to relax and heal up. But even she can't deny how happy Harry makes Louis. She's never seen her boy like that.

"Did I hear that Harry was coming over?" Fizzy squeals quietly, clapping her hands together happily. "I can't believe Louis is friends with the Harry Styles!"