Chapter 2

'Nick Grimshaw is an arse.'

'I think you and Greg would get along.'

'Saw a hedgehog in a pet store and it reminded me of you. Dunno why.'

'You think I'm weird, don't you?'

Those are just a few of the texts Louis receives from Harry over the next few days. He gets some that are nothing but emojis, and some describing weird things he saw in the studio or on the road. Louis doesn't know what to think, but he responds with genuine interest. The only person who really ever texts him is his sister, and the only calls he receives are from his family. He's only got a handful of numbers in his phone anyway.

'Lou you should've heard the little noises the puppies were making at the pet store. I want a puppy Lou :('

Louis giggles softly at Harry's childlike tendencies.

'Then get a puppy?'

'I'm not home enough for a puppy :( You should get a puppy and let me come see it whenever I want'

'I'm blind and you really want me caring for a puppy?'

'You're independent, you could do it!'

Louis can't help but giggle at Harry's response, shaking his head. When Louis doesn't respond, a call comes in. He immediately knows who it is since his family is all home. "Hi, H," he smiles as he answers.

"Hey, Lou," Harry says brightly. "How's your day been?"

"Clearly not as interesting as yours, it seems," Louis teases. "I haven't heard any cute puppy noises today. Why exactly did you go to a pet shop again?"

Harry laughs softly in response, the noise making Louis shiver a bit. "My sister dragged me in there cause she's a twat. I hate her sometimes."

"You do not," Louis snorts quietly. "You love your sister. Everybody knows that, Harry. You're a horrible liar, y'know that?"

"I am not!" Harry whines, pout extremely obvious in his voice. "Don't be mean to me!"

The sound of Louis's laughter drifts down the hall, Lottie's able to hear him from her room. Their mum walks in with a cup of tea, a small smile on her face. "Louis's absolutely smitten, isn't he?"

"All he talks about is Harry," Lottie groans softly, taking the cup into her hand. "I mean, I love Harry Styles and all, but Louis's taking it to a new level. He's absolutely obsessed, mum."

"Do you think we should be worried?" Jay asks, keeping her voice soft. "He's never shown interest in someone before."

"Nobody as ever shown interest in him before, mum," Lottie points out, sipping on her tea. "Think about it, mum. He doesn't go anywhere. He spends all his time with me. Harry's genuinely interested in Louis and it's new to him. Louis's fascinated by Harry."

Jay sighs softly, rubbing her temples. "I just don't want him to get hurt," she whispers. "He's so fragile. Harry doesn't know just how fragile Louis is. The littlest thing can even break him. I don't want Harry hurting my boy."

"You gotta trust them." Lottie sets her cup down, checking her phone. "I mean, Harry's a nice guy. Everybody loves him, so I don't think he would hurt Louis. Let's just hope for the best, mum. It's all we can do."

-0-

It's two days later when the idea of them hanging out again is brought up. They're on the phone, like normal, and Louis misses Harry like crazy. And the thing is- he knows it's been less than a week since they've hung out. He knows he's getting too attached too fast, but he can't help it. He's never had a friend like Harry.