Chapter 5

"Oh, come on, you can't lie to me!" Lottie whines, following Louis into the kitchen the next morning. "I know something happened! Tell me, Louis!"

"Lottie, I don't know what you're talking about," Louis laughs, but his nerves were a bit obvious. "Nothing happened, okay? It's not a huge deal." Truthfully, Louis didn't want to jinx anything by getting too excited too early. This whole situation was still new to him.

His plan goes to shit later that day. He and Lottie are sitting on the couch eating their lunch, listening to Harry's interview on the radio. Louis likes to hear Harry's voice, and Lottie likes to see her brother smile.

"So, Harry," the interviewer starts. "You're single. You have your eye on anybody?"

"Yeah, I do," Harry murmurs, a smile evident in his voice. "I've got my eye on someone really special, actually."

"Well, come on," the guy laughs. "Tell us about them! We need to know all the details, Mr. Styles!"

Harry laughs quietly, pausing for a second. "Well. He's absolutely stunning. Beautiful. I'm already gone for him, honestly. And yesterday, I finally asked if I could kiss him and he said yes. So I'm hoping things will move forward soon."

Louis scrambles to find the remote to turn the radio off, whining softly. Lottie's smacking his arm, squealing loudly.

"I knew it! I fucking knew it!" Lottie laughs, tackling Louis in a hug. "You kissed him, didn't you? You two kissed!"

"Lottie, get off me," Louis groans, pushing at his sister's body. "You're such a brat. You're so obnoxious, get off me."

Lottie giggles happily, helping Louis stand up. "I can't believe you didn't tell me! Are you guys official? How was it? It he a good kisser? Tell me the details!"

"No, Lottie," Louis shakes his head. "I don't wanna jinx it, okay? I'm not going to talk about it." He puts his hand on the couch and makes his way into the hallway, hurrying up the stairs. He really didn't want to get his hopes up, even though Harry wanted it just as much. Louis just didn't want to ruin anything by being too overeager.

He goes for a walk about an hour later, one headphone in as he called Harry. He knew they needed to talk, but he was too scared to bring up the whole relationship thing.

"Hi, love," Harry smiles as he answers. "How're you?"

"I'm good, I'm good," Louis hums softly. "And you? Your morning going good?

"Yeah, had a good interview," Harry says quietly, biting his lip. "Did you listen to it?"

Louis stops when he reaches the curb, waiting for the beep to let him know he could cross the road. "I did. It was interesting, that's for sure. They really try to pry out all the details, don't they?"

"Yeah," Harry says quietly. "I- I should've asked you first. I'm sorry. Are you upset?"

"No, No. I'm not upset." Louis carefully steps off onto the road, his cane tapping out in front of him. "But Lottie is. I didn't tell her that we kissed, and she almost knocked me off the couch when she heard you say it," he laughs. "She's absolutely insane."

Harry looks down at his lap, playing with the hem of his shirt. "Hey, Lou?" he hums softly. "Do you wanna come over for dinner tonight? I can pick you up."

"Yeah, I'd love to, I-" Louis stops talking suddenly, and Harry sits up straighter. He's not with Louis and doesn't know how to help with a seizure over the phone.

"Louis? Louis!" Harry says loudly, hoping the boy's headphones are still in. He hears a small whimper, and then a stranger's voice.

"Oh my god, are you okay?"