Chapter 7

I came to school the next day freaking out that there was a crazy man still out there. Scott told me to just forget about it, that he's going to take care of it

Between my second class and my third I was at my locker and Theo came up to me, "So you're part of the pack?"

"No, not really. My family's my pack." I smiled.

"What are you? A werewolf or something else. You don't smell like a werewolf."

"I've been told, and I actually don't know what I am. My grandma was a kitsune, my grandpa was a kanima. They made my dad who got bit by a werewolf, who is my mom." I smiled.

"That's complicated." Theo laughed.

"Yeah." I laughed too.

I saw Isaac coming our way and he looked at Theo funny. He just kept walking to us and he picked me up and kissed me and put me back down, "Oh I didn't see you there." He said looking at Theo and suddenly staring at him, "Theo?"

"Yeah." He said.

"I haven't seen you since third or fourth grade." Isaac said, "What are you doing here?"

"He's looking for a pack." I said.

"You guys met?" Isaac asked looking at both of us.

"Yeah last night we got attacked by someone and Theo helped us." I said.

"Who attacked you?" Isaac asked as the bell rang

"I'll see you later." Theo said walking away.

I looked at Isaac and he looked annoyed. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed Isaac, "We'll talk after school, okay?"

"Okay."

I shut my locker and we hugged and walked our separate ways.

••••••••••

It was after school and Isaac came up to me, "What's going on?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You got attacked last night." Isaac said in a flat tone.

"Yeah, everyone one was at the fire and I sensed something weird and we all went to check it out and I got thrown into the wall and the guy who attacked us almost killed Scott til Theo came in and saved him." I said taking a deep breath.

"So you and Theo are all buddy buddy?" He asked.

"Isaac he saved our lives. What's up with you?"

"I don't think anyone should trust him. I don't trust him."

"Isaac don't be silly, this is the first time you've seen him since elementary." I said tugging on his hands. "Lets just stop talking about him and let's go to your place."

"Okay."

I followed Isaac to his apartment and we went up stairs to his room. Isaac looked uneasy. So I pulled him on to the couch and sat on his lap facing him.

"What?" He asked.

"Your tense, maybe annoyed?" I said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Irritated." He respond. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer.

"Why?" I asked looking into his eyes.

"Because I can't do anything but kiss you." He said pecking his lips into mine.

"Nice try buddy, what's irritating you?" I asked again.

"It's Theo. Trust me, he's no good." Issac said. "I promised I'd take care of you, and I'm going to. That includes making sure you don't get close to Theo until we find out he's good."