IX

The following morning Stevie woke up earlier than usual. She went to the bathroom, brushed her teeth and run a brush through her hair, then slipped back into bed for no more than two minutes. She stuck her head out into the hallway and it was still very quiet. Hm... Lindsey doesn't sleep long, she wondered and knocked softly on his door. She heard his voice, asking her to come in, so she did and saw him with his face already freshly shaven.

"Morning."

"Morning." She echoed and stood, feeling a bit awkward; she was only in her nightie that stopped way above her knees and he only had his boxers on.

"You wanted something?"

"... a cuddle?"

"Well, how could I say no to that." Lindsey smiled and got back into bed, suggesting she should join him, as he lifted the covers up. 

Stevie hesitantly got in beside him, laying her head on his chest, as he wrapped his arm around her protectively. "I'm not sure why I asked for this, I hope you're okay with this."

"Are you?"

 "Yeah, this feels nice. I woke up too early and it seems everyone besides you is still asleep, so I thought, you know... that we could maybe lie together for a while, not to cause disturbance." She was pretty sure he knew she was lying through her teeth. The first thing on her mind today was how to get back into his arms, after they shared a less intense, but nevertheless, another kiss the night before.

"Do you want me to tell you something?" Lindsey asked, playing with a strand of her hair.

"I don't think you've told me how you came up with Stephanie."

"The song?"

"Well, yes."

"Right, what kind of other Stephanie did I ever come with?" He rolled his eyes, slapping his forehead. "Okay, so, as usual you were at work. I remember that morning you didn't want to leave the bed, you weren't feeling too well and it about tore me into pieces, seeing you like that, no matter what, as you got up and half asleep dressed up, had a sip of coffee and left. I tried to make up eat something of what we had in the fridge, because you were so thin, fragile even, but you told me to just shut up."

"I'm sorry." Stevie looked apologetic, trailing her fingernail across his bare chest.

"You're forgiven." Lindsey kissed the top of her head and returned to his story. "Alone again, I thought I'd do something nice for you, like clean up the flat or do the laundry, but speaking frankly, I failed. The only thing that didn't make me feel like a complete failure as your boyfriend, I picked up my guitar, sat down on the floor and began playing. I was really just practicing, running my fingers over the strings, picking various chords, when at some point a melody started coming together. So, I began playing the same thing again and again, until you came home after your shift at the diner. Honestly, I didn't once got up and ate or went to the bathroom, the whole day that one melody. I recall you tossing your keys on the kitchen table and I heard you putting a grocery bag on it too. Already pissed that I didn't do shit, you came to me, hands on your hips, glaring at me and all... You were yelling at me, but I... I just continued playing, so you gave up disciplining me and joined me on the floor, asking what was it I was working on. I played you the melody from start to finish, as I had it perfected by the time and you thought it was beautiful. You wanted to know what it was called, but really, I hadn't even thought about it, that was the last of my worries at the moment. So, you said, why don't you call it Stephanie? I obliged, of course, saying, yes, dear! You leaned forward and gave me a small kiss, but I refused to let you go and we made sweet love."

"Oh my God, you couldn't have come up with a cheesier ending, Lindsey!" She laughed heartily and he looked offended for all about a second.

"What? It's what happened!" He said, defending himself. "Okay, maybe it wasn't that sweet, now that I think about it..." 

"We used to have a lot of sex, didn't we?" 

The question caught Lindsey off guard, but then he nodded, turning on his side, their faces barely a few inches apart. "We've always been excellent lovers."

They stayed silent for a moment, while Stevie studied his facial features, wonderful bone structure, his broad chest, his quite still muscular arms, and Lindsey's eyes were fixed on hers as they danced over his half naked body. 

She then looked up at him. "I think it's the part where you kiss me."

"Oh, is it? I wasn't sure you wanted me to, you were quite busy admiring my physique, I didn't want to bother you."

"You either kiss me right now or I'm leaving thi-" She didn't get to finish, as he pressed his lips against hers, staying still at first. 

Unlike the previous moments, the kiss grew to be more frenzied and fiery, as they both wanted to be the dominant one, not letting the other win that easily, neither of them staying in control for more than a couple of seconds. Their bodies were also quite exposed, brushing against each other, creating very exciting friction. He knew he was risking it, but his hands started exploring her heavenly curves and she pushed her front more into him, only urging him to continue. She was lying on her back now, his front covering the upper part of her, her fingers tangled in his curls as his hands seemed to be everywhere at once. 

"Touch me." She whispered and he couldn't quite believe it, but the way she bit on his earlobe, confirmed it was definitely what came out of her mouth.

He brought his hand to her chest, caressing her breasts through the silk of her nightgown, feeling her already hardened peaks begging for his attention. He began kissing along her collarbone, at the same time easing the straps of her nightie, exposing her creamy white flesh. He left open mouth kisses on his way, before his lips closed around her nipple and he began flicking his tongue over it, gently gripping between his teeth, not to cause pain, purely pleasure. Her body was already on fire, she had never experienced it reacting this way to David. As he worked on her breasts, he slid a hand up her thigh, his hard length twitching, as he placed his palm on her hipbone, finding her to be completely naked. 

But before he could even make contact with her, a knock echoed through the room. "Lindsey, are you awake, son? Breakfast is ready."

They both let out a deep breath, him resting his forehead against her chest, as she closed her eyes, really doubting if she had ever been left this frustrated before. 

"Ah, yes. Thank you, Barbara, I'll be there in a moment." Lindsey said, after clearing his throat.

"Did that really just happen?" Stevie adjusted her nightgown, once they were sure her mother was gone. 

"Unfortunately." Lindsey nodded, rolling onto his back. "I hope... I hope I didn't take it too far?"

"You didn't take it far enough." She smirked, getting out of the bed, while he remained where he was, painfully aware of his erection.

"I'm in a desperate need of a cold shower."

"I think we both are."

Stevie stopped before heading out of the room as she looked at Lindsey, smiling sideways. "It was a nice cuddle we had." He laughed nodding, glad she could fine some humor in it. "I'll see you downstairs."

"Yeah. And, Stevie?"

"Mm?"

"You're as breathtaking as ever."

"You're pretty damn fine yourself." She winked and went out, hearing his laughter.