Take Me As I Am by MyHeartsMistake [One Direction]

To start out with, I must tell you I'm not a One Direction fan. My sister is. She's the one who told me about this story, and, at first, I was like, "yeah, whatever." Then I took a look at it. I ended up reading every chapter, including the new ones as they were published.

I don't like it because it's a One Direction fan fiction. I like it because it's good writing.

The main character Allison Grate, better known as Al, is a normal teenage girl who likes hiking, sports, and playing pranks. She thinks of herself as one of the guys. In her words, "I would rather play football with my guy friends than go shopping for prom dresses."

She doesn't care one bit about One Direction until her friend Nick enters her into a contest for a spot on a reality show with them as a joke. When she gets picked, it's the biggest surprise of her life. Of the thirty girls on the show, she's the one who wants to get voted off. Unfortunately, it won't be so easy for her.

I found this story to be very well-written. Typos are minimal, the story moves forward smoothly, and there are no cliches or examples of bad logic in the construction. The characters are all consistent and believable, the plot holds your interest, and, as an added bonus, it has a bit of humor in it. I know it made me laugh more than once.

I think what I enjoyed most about this one was seeing how Al related to the other characters, from her guy friends to the girls she meets on the show to the boys of One Direction (who she treats like normal guys. Well, normal guys who've trapped her on a game show). The dialogue is usually very fun to read, and the game show aspect provides a lot of interesting situations for the characters to go through.

And I like the way the author ended it, although I won't spoil it for those who haven't read it yet!

If you don't usually read One Direction fan fictions, I understand completely, but you might want to give this one a try. Seriously, you won't regret it.

** Published in April of 2014 **