Chapter 12 - Rooftop

Haru-chan and me were in the piano room. I was helping her with the melody and she was helping me with the lyrics that I got for a new song.

''That was beautiful, Haru-chan!'' I said once she fineshed playing what she has for now. She blushed, smiling at me.

''Arigato, Y/N-chan! How are your lyrics coming along?'' I shook my head smiling. I looked down at the journal I got for my lyrics smiling a little.

''Good....'' I look up at her just as we hear a beautiful saxophone melody filling up the room. She stood up and went to the window to hear it better. That was Ren playing his saxophone probably. I really do like his music, even.... though I don't like guys like him. I didn't noticed it at first but I was smiling as I listened to the melody.

''Who's playing that?'' she asked. Sighing, I stood up and went to stand next to her.

''Jinguji Ren.'' she looked at me and smiled a big smiled. I looked at her weirdly and she grabbed my hand pulling her with me. We walked to.... well.... I don't know.

''Where are we going?''

''To the rooftop to see who's playing.'' she smiled looking at at me. I sweatdropped as she was pulling along with her.

''But I told you who's playing....'' I said sighing. She still didn't let go.

''I just want to see.'' she looked back at me with those big yellow eyes and I sighed yet again. She smiled knowing she won. Now I see why she reminds Natsuke of his dog. I have never met anyone who has mastered the puppy eyes as good as her.

We made it to the rooftop and she let go of my hand. I leaned on one of the pillars and she walked slowly over to him.

''Jinguji-san....'' she said quietly. He stopped playing and looked at her then put away his saxophone. As he looked up again he glanced behind her and saw me. His eyes widened a little bit but I looked away.

''You're like a beautiful flower bathed in the sun's rays, lady.'' I tsked at what he said to Haru-chan.

''We heared you play your beautiful melody so we came to see who was playing, Jinguji-san.'' I looked back at them as she said that. I didn't want to come.... He put his hands on her shoulders smiling when something fell from his pocket. Haru-chan didn't notice so I walked over and picked it up. Ren looked at me questionably as I unfolded it and started to read. This were lyrics for a love song. Before I could have read it any further he took it out of my hand gently and crumpled it up again. I looked up at him confusion. His lyrics were really good.

''Oh! Are those lyrics for the assignment you got from Hyuga-sensei?'' Haru-chan asked. He just looked at her and didn't answer.

''Thank goodness....'' she said leting out a breath of relief.

"'Thank goodness'?" Ren asked in confusion. She smiled at him and glanced at me. I looked to the side and sighed. I could feel his eyes on me for a moment.

''We were really worried that you weren't going to do it?'' I snapped my head in her direction. Why did she have to drag me into this? I don't give a damn what happens to him. I shook my head and sighed. Not the time nor the place....

''I don't care what happens....'' I looked up at him shocked. How could he not care he was going to expeled?!

''I think you care.'' we all looking to the owner of the voice.

''Masato....'' I breathed out in confusion.

''Hijirikawa-san....'' and so did Haru-chan.

''I don't know what you're thinking but I'm not here 'cause of my own free will....'' Ren said seriously glaring at Masato.