Chapter 18 - Comfort

I was crying when I finished reading the letter. Why didn't I remember this before? He was my childhood friend and I couldn't remember him at all. I was bent down, my hands covering my face as tears were flowing down my cheeks.

''No.... I can't.... He can't be....'' I sobbed out through the tears. What have I done? What if I've opened the letter sooner? Would that have changed anything.... I felt something furry next to me and turned my head looking at it.

''Kohaku.'' I sobbed out again. He meowed and climbed onto my lap purring. I picked him up, hugging him close. He meowed again and I put him down. He jumped off my lap and walked over to the door. I shakly stood up and walked over to him. Holding the letter close to my heart. I opened the door and he walked out, me going after him.

Like every other time he led me to the piano room. I don't think this is going to help me much now. I let out a shaky breath and sat down at the piano.

''Hiro-kun.... I'm so sorry.... I wish.... I could bring you back somehow....'' I whispered through my tears. I started slowly playing some notes.

"It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all a out it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

Why'd you have to leave so soon?
Why'd you have to go?
Why'd you have to leave me when i needed you the most?

I really don't know how to tell you
That feeling was worst
I know you're in a better place but it's always gonna hurt.

Carry on
Give me all the strenght that I need to carry on...."

Tears have already started to fall down my cheeks again. I.... just wished I remembered sooner. Maybe it could have changed something. I smiled at my foolishness. I doubt that....

''It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all a out it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again."