Chapter 33 - This Could Work

"And with Ren, Syo and Akito handing in their audition forms with me as their desired partner, I just don't know what to do." I explained everything to her, from start to finish.

"Oh, Y/N-chan, why didn't you tell me before?" her eyes held pain and I had to look the other way.

"I didn't want you to know," I ran a hand through my hair, "I knew you would try to help and I didn't want to burden you even more."

"That's not a good reason at all Y/N!" my eyes widened and I quickly snap my head to the side to look at her.

She raised her voice and she didn't use a suffix at the end of my name. She never did any of that before. She must really be angry at me.

Her eyes glazed over and she quickly looked down to her lap.

"I-I just thought w-we were good enough f-friends that y-you would tell me something like t-this that's be bothering you for so l-long, but I guess n-not."

That's the last thing I wanted her to think! I just didn't want her to exhaust herself worrying over me, not for her to doubt our friendship.

"Haru-chan, that's the last thing I wanted you to think," I say as gently as I can and put my hand on her shoulder. She glances at me and a soft smile found it's way onto my lips.

"I consider you my sister and I would never want to hurt you, please believe me." suddenly I'm pulled into a hug, my eyes widening.

"I believe you...and I think of you as my sister as well." a gentle smile formed on my lips as I hugged her back just as tight.

"Thank you, Haru-chan." she nodded, still hugging me but suddenly pulled away, leaving me confused.

"Just don't hide things from me again, alright." I wasn't a question, it was more of a demand which made me smirk.

"Deal." I chuckled and turned my attention to the piano. I put my hand on the keys, my smile fading as I remembered our predicament.

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know, Haru-chan," I sigh, running a hand through my hair, "I'll think of something. How about you?"

A fond smile finds it's way onto her lips as she looks at the sheet of music paper lying in front of her.

"I wanted to compose a song that represented all of them but I hit a wall,"

"Maybe I can help," I raise an eyebrow, looking at her, "If you want me to, that is."

"Of course." she places her hands on the piano keys and starts playing.

By the amount of notes I was able to read from the piece of paper, she only started composing the melody. Only playing a couple of keys, she came to a stop fairly quickly.

"And that's all I have," she sighed, her posture slaking a bit, "I don't know how to go on from there."

I glanced at the notes then at the keys before an idea popped into my head.

"How 'bout this," I played a few keys before turning my attention to her. She had the biggest smile on the face which made me raise an eyebrow, trying to hide my smile. Who would've thought that her smile's contagious?

"That's perfect, Y/N-chan."

"You think so?" I asked, looking back down.

"Y/N-chan, that's it!" I quickly snapped my head up at her outburst.

"What is?"

"You can help me with writing the melody for the final audition." I raised an eyebrow at her idea.