Chapter 27 - Halloween

"Oh, I'm so excited!" a chuckle escapes my lips as I'm listening to Tomo-chan talk about the upcoming halloween party.

"I am too."

"I can tell." I mock her and Haru-chan. Tomo-chan playfully glares at me and Haru-chan blushes a little. We're in the cafeteria and sitting at one of the tables.

"So?" I raise an eyebrow at Tomo-chan and she sighs.

"What are you two going as?" Haru-chan and I look at each other then back at her. I just shrug and say,

"I'm not sure yet."

"I think, I'm going to go as a fairy." was Haru-chan's answer. I turn my attention to her and give her a smile.

"That would be perfect for you, Haru-chan."

"You dressed like a fairy? I can already see the boys drooling." I chuckle and hold up my hand for a high five which Tomo-chan gives, giggling.

"H-hey!" she starts blushing like mad and pouting.

"Don't take it to heart, Haru-chan. We're only kidding." she looks from me to Tomo-chan, who nods, and then back to me again. She starts laughing and we join her.

"What are you going as, Tomo-chan?" Haru-chan asks her once we calmed down. I turn my attention to her just for her to wiggle her finger at us.

"No, no, no. You'll find out at the party." I sigh and slump into my chair.

"That isn't fair." I whine. She looks at me and starts to laugh.

"How is that not fair? You haven't told us as what you're going."

"But I don't know as what I'm going!"

"Precisely." I give her a glare then sigh.

"Okay, I give up." I say putting my hands in the air and they both start laughing. Looking at the clock, I raise an eyebrow at the time. It's already afternoon and, as I said, I have absolutely no idea as what I'm going to go.

"Hey, do both of you have your costums?" I ask. Tomo-chan nods and Haru-chan looks at her hands, in her lap.

"Haru-chan?!" that was Tomo-chan. She instantly stood up, wide eyed.

"You haven't bought your costume yet!?" she shakes her head lightly. Tomo-chan quickly walks over, grabs her hand and mine and pulls us up and starts pulling us out of the cafeteria.

"Where are we going?" Haru-chan asks.

"To find you a costume. Now, both of you, walk faster!" I look down at myself. I'm so glad that I changed out of the outfit I normally wear when we don't have school. I'm in a pair of black ripped jeans, a blue and black flannel with a leather jacket over it and my combat boots.

We went through two stores already and couldn't find a single fairy costume. Does no one dress up as a fair anymore?

"Look, there's another store over their!" Tomo-chan points out. True to what she said, there was a store across the street. We start making our way over but I stop as I see a child run into a park near by. I wouldn't have noticed him if I didn't see a tear roll down his cheek when he ran out of a street by us.

"Y/N-chan?" I look at Haru-chan and then back at the park.

"You guys go ahead, I'll join you later." they both look at each other then back at me.

"Are you sure?" I answer Tomo-chan with a nod and she, along with Haru-chan, starts to walk away.

I quickly cross the street and walk over to the park. As soon as I entered, I start looking for the boy. Where did he run off to? There he is. I see him sitting on a bench, under an oak tree. I walk over and take a seat on the bench. Looking at the boy, I instantly start feeling bad for him. He's bent down and hiding his face in his hands and by the way his taking in sharp breaths, I can tell that he's on a verge of crying.