1. Bland

"Don't confine yourself to one particular type of human because I reckon things come out of the blue when you least expect them and don't hold yourself to expectations...

"Ugh, what's the deal with straight boys and their love for tank tops?"

Troye followed Tyler's irritated glare, taking a sip of beer with a chuckle. "I don't know. At least, they are nice to look at," he replied, trying to howl down the blasting music of the party.

"Hell no. I've never seen so much armpit hair in my life, and I've fucked my fair share of bears," his best friend rolled his eyes and continued to stare, "I mean, they are on the swim team, aren't they supposed to shave their whole bodies? It's like basic physics."

Troye laughed a little at that, eyeing the noisy boys inconspicuously. He could concede that Tyler certainly had a point, but countered, nevertheless, "Still, they are quite easy on the eyes. I would do any of them any day."

Tyler just swatted his hand indignantly, "Honey, it's called 'cheerleader effect'. They seem hot because they are always attached at the hip. If you were to look at them separately, they aren't really that attractive."

Troye cocked his head, inspecting the four boys closely. They all wore similar striped tank tops, and shorts, two of them even wearing matching snapbacks, which made them look kind of alike, but Troye noticed that their physical appearance was, in fact, different.

One was extremely tall and skinny, with a tattooed sleeve and a pierced nose. Another was shorter, had messy dark hair and more masculine build, tattoos again scattered over his forearms and shoulders. The third one looked the most groomed, with his hair styled up in a tall quiff, and impressive biceps and pecs that Troye could appreciate even from afar. The last one was shorter than his friends, his face nice but not dashingly handsome, body moderately well-built but, apart from that, he had nothing memorable about him.

Troye scoffed, "Yeah, you are right. They look kinda bland."

He turned away from the obnoxious boys, who were currently engrossed in a game, flipping red cups gracelessly. "Let's see what Casp is up to," Troye led his friend away from the boys. As he was leaving, he heard one of them shriek loudly and swear at the others. Troye just sighed in mild irritation.

It turned out that Caspar was up to violently puking in the bushes in the backyard. Joe, pretty hammered himself, towered over him unsteadily, patting Caspar's back, as the latter dry-heaved.

"Gosh, are you alright?" Tyler crouched next to Caspar's form. The drunk boy just gave him a thumbs-up, clearly in no condition to speak properly yet.

"You need some water, mate?" Joe slurred.

Caspar shook his head, trying to steady his breaths, and stood up, wiping his mouth with a back of his hand, "I'd rather eat something. Do you think they've got pizza?"

Tyler fought the urge to poke fun at him, answering earnestly instead, "There is probably some food inside. Let's go check it out."

When they stumbled to the ruined kitchen, they managed to find on the table some leftover chips and hot dog buns without actual sausages, but nothing to satisfy Caspar's drunk munchies.

"I want pizza!" he whined loudly, with Joe just patting his back again.

"I guess, we could go to Pizza Hut?" Tyler asked dubiously.

"We've drunk too much to drive, Tilly." Troye frowned, hating to be the most reasonable one.

Caspar plopped down on the floor with a thud, leaning his back on the counter, with his legs spread widely, like a child. "Someone else can drive us," he wrinkled his forehead, looking at Joe in question, "Connor?"