Epilogue

Troye thinks a lot.

He thinks about his friend who hides his sorrow behind his glasses and loud cackle so well that he manages to convince even himself. About a sister who never laughs, except with her brother, and a brother whose laughs could be heard by everyone but smiles could be seen only by the few. About a lost tall boy with a weird accent who never asks for help but is always there when others need his guidance. About teammates who act stupid, and obnoxious, but have become family to each other.

Troye thinks about the boy.

About a frat party a year ago and a horrid leopard-printed snapback. About the time the only thing they had in common was contempt for each other. About harsh words they both said and angry tears Troye spilt. About midnight phone calls and secret smiles they shared. About songs they listened to in his car and documentaries they watched on his couch. About jokes and hugs that were always a tiny bit inappropriate to be brushed off as 'friendly'.

About bright green eyes that sometimes look at him as if he is a piece of art and not a mere human. About pink lips that always smell of coffee and ask for his opinion as if he is the only person that matters. About warm hands that are so good at holding camera steady and so clumsy when unbuttoning clothes.

Troye thinks about himself too.

How he was quick to judge people by what they appeared to be and how he was proven wrong. How he always thought that he had a type when boys were concerned and how he was proven wrong. How he was convinced that he couldn't fall in love and how he was proven wrong.

Troye thinks that his life is a never-ending journey to becoming himself and that he is eternally grateful for the companion in this journey that shares his passion for adventure.

Troye looks down at the boy who rests his head in his lap.

He can't wait for wherever their journey will bring them.

"... maybe someday someone is going to blindside you and not at all be what you expected but they'll be the exact person that you were looking for without even knowing that you were looking for them." - Troye Sivan