2. Attractive

It was three in the morning, and Troye was bouncing off the walls of his room. He was in the middle of a writing session, and, by his own estimations, it was good. Like album good. Music video good. Grammy award winning good.

Only when his stomach grumbled loudly, did he realize that he hadn't eaten since breakfast. It was just his luck that his mini-fridge was currently sporting only digestive crackers. Briefly wondering to himself, why the hell he had put crackers in the fridge in the first place, Troye put on his sweats and hoodie, and strutted to the nearest 24/7 convenience store, silently praying that they would have Nutella in stock.

Upon entering, he remembered to smile at a cute checkout clerk who usually worked the night shifts there.

Scanning the aisles lazily, Troye picked up some chips, frozen pizza, and Mountain Dew, eyes still roaming the shelves in the quest for Nutella.

"I've got it, Con!" a loud girly voice from the next aisle interrupted Troye's thoughts.

"Good to go?" the tone of the guy who answered definitely sounded familiar, although he was obscured from Troye by the beer stands.

"Wait, I wanna also get some gummy bears," the girl turned the corner, and stopped right next to Troye, her companion following suit.

"Oh, hi, Troye."

He looked up from the Cheerios only to be met by Connor's cool gaze, "Hi."

At least, he doesn't wear a tank top, Troye thought sullenly. And indeed, Connor was dressed in all black - a well-worn slim fit t-shirt, skinny jeans, and Converse sneakers.

"So..." Connor trailed unsurely, shifting his feet awkwardly, "What are you doing here?"

Troye eyed him in confusion, "Buying stuff, obviously." He shook the Cheerios in emphasis.

Connor smiled slightly, "It's 3 a.m. A little too late for that, don't you think?"

Troye rolled his eyes, blatantly looking into the Connor's shopping cart, which contained a bottle of wine and several extra size marshmallow packages, "Whatever. What are you doing here, then? Getting diabetes?"

Connor laughed some more at that, before gesturing vaguely at the girl he came with, who was still picking gummy bears, "You need a ride? Because Beth's got her car in the parking lot."

Troye smirked at Connor tauntingly, "I'm a little bit afraid that you are going to make me eat my own vomit."

Connor's friend, who had just approached them to stand beside him, her arms full of Haribo packs, widened her eyes in astonishment, looking over at Connor scoldingly, "Please, don't tell me that you actually say that to people."

Connor's cheeks reddened a bit, but he refrained from replying her anything. Instead, he turned to Troye, "Need a ride or not?"

"Nah, I'll walk. Bye," not waiting for a response, Troye shrugged dismissively, turning around and walking away from the couple.

While paying for the groceries, he made a point of asking the cute cashier's phone number, still unsure himself whether he would ever call him or not.

Next morning Troye slept through all the morning classes. He managed to wake up only past noon, throw on his most comfy clothes, disregarding shower, and set for the classes.

In the hall he was immediately faced with equally tired Caspar, who suggested to flunk afternoon activities in order to get some coffee.

"Oh, and who do we have here?" Tyler asked rhetorically, as he approached them. "My two favorite sluts," with that, he pulled both boys into a tight hug. "Oh, don't you give me that look, Troye. We all know your sneaky ways. What was the name of that guy at the Korey's party? Jim? Nic?"