Chapter 4

Oliver and Barry jogged down a dark alleyway. Caitlin and Felicity were giving them directions through their ear-pieces. Another report had come in of a robbery. This time, a jewelers. The pair of crime-fighters picked up their pace when Caitlin told them they were close. As if on cue, a man sped around the corner of the alley and ran straight into them both.

"Wha-" The man began, then he looked at the two and began to back away. His face contorted into a panic-stricken state.

"Hey," Barry reached out a hand towards the man, "It's OK, we aren't gonna hurt you."

Seeming to calm down slightly, the man stopped moving backwards, however he showed no intention of coming towards either of them.

"Tell us what happened." Oliver demanded, walking forward and standing beside Barry. Barry turned and looked at him with his eyebrows raised in a 'seriously' kind of expression.

"I-I ... I was in a-a shop ... and ... a-an-and ..." The man choked on a sob and clutched his head in frustration. Barry edged closer, arm still outstretched.

"A-and I can't remember."

Oliver frowned and switched his bow from his left hand to his right. The man flinched. "What can't you remember?"

"A-an-anything." That was it. The man fell to his knees and sobbed, covering his face with his palms. The duo exchanged looks of confusion and concern before Barry glanced down at the man at their feet, rocking backwards and forwards.

"I'm gonna speed him to a hospital. He's gonna need some help." Oliver nodded and Barry knelt down and picked up the man. There was a flash of light and a gust of wind, then Barry was gone. The vigilante stood alone, awkwardly changing his bow from hand to hand every few seconds. Felicity was talking to the others in the background, undoubtedly discussing the man's amnesia-like symptoms. Could this be the - he refused to call them Meta-Humans - the robber's powers?

Another gust of wind and Barry was beside him again, skidding slightly in the wet alleyway.

"Guys," Felicity's voice rang through their ear-pieces. "The Meta just disabled the alarm. Trust me, he just saved you some trouble. The police won't be there anytime soon. Might give you enough time to have a little chat. But you'd better hurry. We don't want to lose him again."

The two ran - Barry at normal speed - down the rest of the alleyway and came face to face with the jewelers. From the outside, it looked fine. Inside however, they were sure, was a different story.

"Careful." Caitlin cautioned.

"It looks like he can't take away your memories without touching you. Keep your distance and you should be fine." Cisco chipped in.

"Oh, and Oliver?" Diggle's serious tone joined the chorus of warnings. "He may have powers but that doesn't mean he won't have weapons of his own."

"Got it." Oliver replied.

The two jogged over to the front of the shop. With a last glance at each other, Oliver swung open the door and Barry sped inside.

XXXX

The Flash carried everyone out before they had a chance to protest and sped them to the same Hospital he had previously taken the man. After a few minutes, he joined Oliver, who had his bow extended and pointing at the back door, leading to an office. It was silent. The man had obviously heard Barry evacuating the victims from the vicinity. And he definitely wasn't stupid.

"Guys, there's no back exit." Caitlin told them. "You've got him cornered."

Then their ear-pieces fell silent. Everyone held their breath. Back at S.T.A.R Labs, Caitlin, Felicity, Diggle and Cisco had their eyes glued to the screens in front of them. The camera in the jewelers panning around the room.

"Get out of the office!" Oliver ordered. His voice a deep threatening grumble. "Now."

Barry physically shivered from the intimidation radiating off Oliver. Man, was he glad to be on his side.

There was a clattering behind the door, then the lights went out. Barry whipped his head around, lightning fast. The door had swung shut and a faint click was heard. That would slow down their escape, if needed,Barry thought. Great ...

Oliver, however, had kept facing the door with his bow pulled back, ready. His eyes narrowed, trying to focus through the darkness. Once again, a few things fell and crashed to the floor from within the office. Then, slowly, the door creaked open.

{Archers Note}

Bad news D: I won't be doing as many AN's for this book anymore. But this one will be really long so I can hit 800 words for this chapter! 786! Well anyways may the Archers Aim be with you, my fellow Heritage Archers! 800!!!!!