Chapter 6

Diggle drifted round the street corner in the S.T.A.R Labs van. Straight ahead was the jewelers.

He slammed on the breaks and several yelps from the back signified that none of them were prepared for the sudden stop.

Caitlin swung open the back of the van and they all jumped out. Diggle and Cisco reached the door first, followed by the girls.

Slowly, Diggle drew out his gun and silently opened the door. He slid in between the small gap sideways and scouted around briefly, before shouting to the others "All clear."

Cisco pushed the door fully open and flicked on a torch.

"Barry!"

"Oliver!"

Felicity and Caitlin sprinted over to the city heroes, lying on the floor.

"Oliver?" Felicity asked, cupping his face with her palms.

Oliver opened his eyes and looked around. Then his gaze settled on Felicity. His brow furrowed and he began to struggle to sit up.

"Where am I? Who are you?"

"John." She shouted. "John!"

Diggle came barreling into the room. He knelt down and helped lift Oliver into a sitting position, supporting him by a hand pressed against his back. Oliver swayed, dazed and confused.

"He can't remember."

Felicity's obvious defeat was apparent in her tone. She looked up at Diggle with sad eyes. Diggle returned the look and patted Oliver on the back.

"We'll fix it." He said simply.

"Felicity!"

The computer-genius snapped her head around to face Cisco, who's hands were covered in blood.

"I need you to go to the van and get the first aid kit. Now!"

She didn't hesitate. Within seconds, she had retrieved the medical supplies and began to run back to Cisco.

Caitlin had Barry's head resting on her lap. Her hands pressed firmly down on a deep gash across his temple. When Felicity returned, Cisco snatched the equipment from her hands and dropped down beside Caitlin.

"W-what do you want me to do?" Felicity stammered. The sight of Barry, pale and unmoving was making her feel ill.

Cisco had his concentration focused on Barry. Caitlin however looked up at her with a grateful expression. Thinking for a moment, she looked down at the boy in her lap.

"Do you mind finding something cold? Ice would be best, but anything cold to bring down the swelling behind his head?"

"O-of course." Felicity set her gaze around the room, searching for something cool. Smashed glass littered the floor and blood trailed in every direction. Swallowing down the rising bile, she made her way to the office.

Peering her head round the door to make sure the coast was clear, she started to search inside the back room. On the desk were stacks of letters, books and bills. Opening a draw, she found more bills, payments and a picture of a man and woman cuddling two young boys. This was dreadful. The man in the picture was the same one Barry had taken to Hospital that previous night. He'd forgotten everything, no doubt his family as well. How could a man openly chose to use his power and take away peoples memories - peoplelives - for something as simple and pathetic as money. And now Oliver and Barry? What happened if more Meta's show up? Who would protect the city then? Could Oliver remember how to shoot a bow and arrow? Could Barry remember his 'abilities'? Could they remember who they were?

"Felicity!"

The sound of her name being called jolted her from her thoughts. She continued her search for something cool. Come on, come on, come on ...

Nothing.

Running out of the office, she turned to Caitlin and shook her head.

"Cisco." Caitlin said. Cisco looked up from where he had been pressing down a white piece of cloth to Barry's head. "We need to go."

Nodding, the young scientist looked over at Oliver and Diggle. Oliver's eyes were unfocused but his face wore a puzzled expression. Diggle still supported him from behind.

"Diggle, get Oliver into the van first. If he struggles, give him this." He handed over a small needle. "It's a sedative. He may have forgotten everything but I'd bet he can still use his strength. The last thing we need is an ex-millionaire running around central city without a clue where he is."

Diggle stood and dragged Oliver up with him. He folded his arm over his shoulder and began to make his way to the van.

"Felicity, go with Diggle." Caitlin said. "Once Oliver is in, stay with him and send Diggle back to help us carry Barry."

Following the instructions, Felicity jogged to meet Oliver and Diggle in the van. After Diggle had placed him down on a seat, he left to help Caitlin and Cisco. Timidly, Felicity turned and looked at Oliver. His face wasn't quite ... well, wasn't quite Oliver. Holding back tears, she placed a hand on his and waited for the others.

Diggle scooped up Barry, with the help of Caitlin still supporting his head. The gash on his temple was still bleeding. Diggle knew head wounds tended to bleed more than others but the speed the blood was flowing probably came down to Barry's powers. Heart racing and all that ... Man he would never get used to this kid.

Caitlin sat in the back of the van first then signaled for Diggle to place Barry so he was laying with his head on her lap again. The few moments she had let go of his head and released the pressure on his wound, the blood had begun to flow immediately. Carefully, he placed Barry with Felicity, Caitlin and a not-so-Oliver Oliver in the back. Securing the doors, he jogged to the drivers side of the vehicle next to Cisco and began to make the long drive back to S.T.A.R Labs.