Chapter Five

"That was a good training session." Noah said as we both exited the training room and strode toward the bedrooms.

"Any chance I could take a shower?" I inquired, looking up at him as we walked.

"Yeah, everything should be in there." He told me, "see you after?" I gave a nod, quickly making my way into my designated bedroom. I grabbed the t-shirt and shorts that had been given to me as pajamas for the previous night, deciding to wear them after getting out of the shower.

I walked into the bathroom, noticing a pair of clothes sitting on the sink. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I picked them up, seeing a dark blue tank top with matching shorts. Dropping from the pile was a bra and underwear. "Wow," I murmured to myself, giving a small shrug as I reached to turn the shower on. I placed the clothes back on the sink and got in, feeling the warm water wash over me.

I quickly washed my hair, the water providing some form of comfort and aiding the soreness I could already feel pulling at my muscles, weighing them down. I washed the rest of myself before turning off the water and grabbing a towel. After drying off completely, I got changed into the clothing, noting that it fit me quite well.

I threw my old clothes in the hamper, finding the brush from that morning and running it through my wet hair. After deciding that I looked presentable, I walked out into my bedroom. I saw saw a pile of items sitting on my bed, and went though it to find a hair-dryer, a new brush, a phone charger, a packaged toothbrush, and a note. I reached for the note, skimming over the words that were printed on the small, folded piece of paper.
I figured you would be here for a while, so I grabbed you some things. -Noah

I smiled, my gaze shifting back up to the pile. "Thanks Noah," I said to no one in particular, before going into the bathroom and putting everything away except the hairdryer. I quickly blow-dried my hair, watching as the soft ringlets began to form.

When I finished, I unplugged it and walked back out to my bedroom, plopping down onto the bed.

"Intense training, huh?" I jumped at the sound of a voice, opening my eyes and looking into the direction in which it came from.

"Jesus C-" I started.

"Calm down, it's just me." Noah said, and I gawked at him, wondering how I didn't see him sitting near the foot of my bed. He was wearing a black shirt with jeans, and I suddenly felt underdressed.

"How long have you been sitting there?"

"Just got here." He told me, "well, before you tackled the bed."

"Okay... And what are you doing here?" I inquired. His mouth opened as he feigned hurt, covering his heart with his hand.

"What deep sorrow you cause me, Clary." He said, before his expression turned to a grin and he let his hand drop to his side. "I was wondering what you wanted for dinner."

"I'm fine with anything, I'm not picky." I told him, running the risk of sounding like a fiend.

"Alright," he said, standing up. "Well, I'll be right across the hall if you need anything."

He gave me a reassuring smile before leaving the room. I let a moment pass before I grabbed the phone charger and plugged in my phone. After a few minutes, the screen lit up, indicating that it was turning on. When the lock screen picture of Jace and I appeared, I felt a sick feeling in my stomach.

The first thing I did was go to the settings to change it, quickly deleting any pictures of us in the process. He didn't deserve to be on my phone, or pervading my thoughts. After that, I checked my notifications.