Blackthorn

Time inches by. After what seems like hours, I hear a knock on my door just before it opens, "Hey Clary. We're leaving." I hear Sebastian's quiet voice, "If anything happens, have Noah call one of us."

He shuts the door, and immediately I go over to it and press my ear against it. I hear their footsteps as they make their way outside. I bite my lip, hesitantly opening the door. I walk towards Noah's room quickly, and his door opens too. I quicken my pace, and he appears in the doorway. He pulls me into a hug.

"I almost didn't survive." He tells me, laughing. I giggle into his chest before he lets me go.

"Very funny." I roll my eyes, walking into his room, "So... What should we do?"

"We should go to the kitchen." He grins, still standing in the doorway, "I'm in the mood for brownies."

My eyes widen, "I am always in the mood for brownies!" I exclaim.

He laughs, "Let's go." He says, taking my hand. He leads me to the kitchen, and we get started right away.

"Can you grab me the eggs and a bowl?" He asks, "I'll get everything else." He starts to pull different things out of the cabinet.

"Sure." I respond. I go into the fridge and take the eggs. I go to a cabinet and get a bowl before returning to the counter. I place the two things down, "Here." I say, looking at him. He takes them, saying thank you.

"So, Sebastian told you that he's picking up a few things?" He asks, mixing the things in the bowl.

"Yeah," I respond, "What did he mean?"

"Well..." He stops mixing, "He's picking up a boy."

"You mean... Like... Our age?" I ask, tilting my head.

"No." He lets out a sigh, "He is younger. We all knew him when he was eleven. And he... isn't going to come here willingly."

"Then why is he taking him?" I ask, trying to keep my composure. Just when I thought Sebastian was changing... I obviously was wrong to ever think that. But now I know that it was just too good to be true.

"Power." Noah says softly.

"So he just picked a random boy and is decided to train him?" I ask, "And how do you know this? He told you?"

"No. He isn't picking a random boy." Noah looks down, "And yes, I knew. If I had a say, I would be completely against it."

"Why?" I ask, tilting my head.

"Because." He sighs, "He's taking Josh. Josh Blackthorn."

"How do you know him?" I ask.

"Long story." He shrugs, walking over to the oven. He opens it and puts the brownies in. I hear a beep as he sets the time.

"Thirty minutes. Want to hang out in my room?" He asks.

"Sure," I smile slightly, "Let's go." We both walk to his room and he opens up the door. I sit on his bed and he sits at his desk. His leather jacket is on the back of the chair, and I glance at it, not paying much attention to it, "You should wear your leather jacket more often." I say softly to him.

"I should?" He asks. He looks down at it.

"Yes." I respond, looking at it. It takes a moment before I actually realize what I'm seeing. My eyes widen, "Josh..." I say, my gaze shifting to him, "Josh is your brother."

On the back of his jacket in small letters is his full name: Noah Blackthorn
---
I really hope you guys like it so far! I'm rushing to complete these chapters because I'm not updating often at all.
So, this fan fiction will be coming to a close soon, but don't worry! There will be more!
Edited
Xoxo