Chapter Ten

I sang softly to myself as the hot water washed over and soothed my aching muscles. I finished showering quickly, stepping out onto the cool tiled floor and putting a towel around my body. I went through the cabinet, pulling out a razor, shaving cream, mouth wash, and a few other things. Glancing down at my legs, I noted that it probably was nearing time, and I got to work on them as quickly as I could.

When I finished shaving, I rinsed myself in the shower before drying off again. I pulled on the clothing I grabbed, noticing that the black shirt hung off of my shoulder, but didn't show too much for me to feel insecure. I finished up in the bathroom, walking out and checking the time. It was one PM, and I decided to go back out into the Institute rather than sitting alone in my bedroom.

I made my way to the training room and saw everyone but Liam still training. My gaze shifted to the center to find Noah and Sebastian fighting, and my stomach churned slightly at the sight of it. I watched as Sebastian kicked at Noah's leg, trying to bring him to the ground, but he regained his balance and stayed steadily on his feet. I stood in the doorway, leaning against it as I watched the two of them intently. Noah punched Sebastian in the stomach, but Sebastian seemed unmoved by it before moving to punch Noah in the face. I sucked in a breath, seeing blood begin to trickle down from Noah's nose. I went to move forward, but abruptly stopped when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Ah, I wouldn't." I turned to see Liam, looking over my shoulder at them. "It's not safe to get in between anyone fighting, but especially them."

"But-" I started, my voice filled with concern.

"Noah is strong, don't worry about him. He hardly feels it." He said, nodding toward them.

I shifted my gaze back to see that Noah truly didn't seem to even notice the blood starting to coat the bottom half of his face. He tackled Sebastian, and I watched in slight horror as Sebastian elbowed him in the face again just before they both jumped to their feet.

"I guess you're right," I murmured, willing my feet to stay planted. I clenched my jaw at the feeling of concern I had for Noah. He was the only one here that had actually reached out and initiated conversations with me on a regular basis. I felt as though out of everyone, he was the one I felt most comfortable with because of it.

I continued watching as Sebastian charged toward Noah, but Noah quickly stepped out of his way. When he turned back around, Sebastian had already redirected himself toward Noah and jumped on him, tackling him to the ground.

"Done yet?" Sebastian asked him.

"We've been fighting for a while," Noah said, breathing heavily. Sebastian had a wild look in his eyes, and looking at him like that sent a shiver down my spine. He rolled off of Noah and onto his feet, holding out a hand.

"It's too bad we can't fight to the death," he responded, and I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. Noah took his hand, rising to his feet.

"Now that would be fun," Noah said with a grin. "I'm going to wash off. You're starting to bruise from Clary's killing blow."

"She did not have a killing blow," Sebastian said, shaking his head as a laugh escaped his lips.

Noah shook his head, his grin unfaltering, as he walked toward the doorway. When looked up to see me, I almost thought that I saw his smile widen slightly. "Hey Clary," he greeted me, rubbing at his nose. I watched as his hand came back slightly bloodied, but he didn't take notice, "how was your nap, or whatever you were gone for forever for?"

"It was like half an hour, and I told you that I was showering," I responded, and he led me out into the hall. I noticed that Liam was no longer there, leaving Noah and I to walk by ourselves through the corridor.