The Angel Brothers

After a few moments he finally responds. His voice is low, "Yes." He answers.

"Your brother is coming here?" I inquire, standing up, "You have a brother?"

"Yes," he responds, "and yes."

"Wow." I pace back and forth, "How old is he? How old was he when-"

"Twelve." Noah tells me, looking up at me from his chair, "I feel like I need to protect him. But he hates me."

"How could he hate you?" I ask, tilting my head.

"I was taken from him." Noah says, his eyes becoming darker, "He thought I left him. I didn't come back. He was left there alone with our father."

"Noah..." I start, but I bite my tongue. I figure that it would be best to just have him talk rather than give my input just yet.

"Clarissa, we were very close. But when I was taken, it destroyed him. Sebastian let me see him once. I couldn't even bring myself to talk to him." He looks at me, his expression growing into a sad one, "Do you know how it feels to see your brother... Your blood be neglected, and die inside without being able to do a damn thing about it?" His voice stays calm, but unsteady.

"Noah," I say softly, "You said that he was your blood... Just a second ago. He can't possibly hate you. And if he does, he won't be able to keep hating you when he gets here."

"How do you know that?" He questions, looking up at me. There is a glimmer of hope in his eyes, and I can tell that my answer will matter to him.

"Because," I start, looking into his eyes. I take a breath before continuing, "I stopped hating Sebastian." His eyes become a light brown as he stands up.

"They are taking him to Illusion with them..." Noah let's out a sigh, "He's fourteen. He shouldn't be at illusion."

"I thought he was twelve?" I ask, tilting my head in confusion.

"No, he was twelve when I left." Noah looks down, "That was two years ago."

"So your brother is going to Illusion, then coming here to the Institute." I say, trying to think through the situation, "And he isn't trained-"

"Yes." He says quickly, "Now that we established that... what should we do?"

"I..." I shake my head, unsure of what to say. I look up at him, "I'm not sure."

"We're stuck waiting around for at least two hours." He says. A look of concern washes over his features just a moment later, "I... I hope Josh doesn't freak out."

"Hey." I walk up to him, resting a hand on his arm, "Josh will be fine. Don't worry about him."

He looks down at me, "Clary, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize to me." I say sympathetically, "I'll never be mad at you."

He smiles, leaning down and kissing me on my lips softly. He pulls back, "Considering that I'm me, I doubt that."

"Shut up." I laugh, a smile forming on my face. I'm glad to see that he can find at least a little bit of humor amid our situation.

"You look prettier when you smile." He closes his eyes and I do the same. His forehead is resting on mine.

"Is that so?" I ask, trying to keep the mood light, "So do I look ugly when I don't smile?"

"No. You look beautiful all the time." He says, pulling his forehead away from mine. I open my eyes.

"Thank you." I smile slightly again. He kisses me on my forehead, and I can't help but smile.

"What was that for?" I ask.

"Because I love you." He says. I look up into his eyes, and they seem to be dancing.

"I love you too." I say softly. I see his eyes turn golden for a second before they turn back to the dark brown.

"I think," he says just as a beeping sound goes off, "That the brownies are done."

"Okay," I smile, "Let's go get them." I walk out, and Noah follows me. We make our way into the kitchen. During our aimless conversation, Noah opens up the oven and grabs the brownie pan out of it. I hear a sizzling sound once he touches it. My eyes widen in surprise and I immediately throw the conversation aside. Once he puts the pan down, I grab his hands and stare at the angry red circles forming on them.

"You idiot," I say softly, my eyes still wide, "You aren't supposed to use your hands."

"It's fine." He tells me, even though his hands are clearly burned.

"I'm putting a rune on you." I announce, "Give me your stele." He hands me his stele and I quickly draw an iratze onto his skin. His hands heal instantly, and he lets out a sigh.

"Thanks." He says, giving a small smile.

"You're welcome." I respond quickly, putting down his hand, "Don't touch it again. It'll burn you until it cools off."

"Whatever you say." He looks at me, but then his gaze shifts to the ground. He winces.

"What's wrong?" I inquire.

"Something..." He shakes his head, closing his eyes. When he opens them, they're a bright golden color, and they are focused on something behind me.

A door swings open in the hall, and voices can be heard shortly after, "Josh." Noah says softly. I hear footsteps and I turn towards the noise. The kitchen door opens, revealing a boy that looks like a younger version of Noah. Behind him are Sebastian, Dylan, Chase, and Liam.

"Hello Noah." The younger boy says, his eye color changing to a bright gold just like Noah's. He looks past me, as if I'm not even there, making eye contact with Noah, "I heard that you wanted to see me."

The End.
---
Okay! I will be making a sequel. Do not worry! I hope you all enjoyed this book as much as I did! I love you all!
Edited December 2, 2017
And edited again just now.
xoxo