Three

Luke watched as Michael danced around on stage. Jumping around trying to grab Calum's attention with the swivel of his hips. He pushed Calum out of the way to steal the microphone on his side of the stage. The crowd loved it and the two boys were in fits of laughter trying to compose themselves to sing their next lines.

Luke watched with envy clouding his eyes. Trying not to let the acts between Michael and Calum distract him even more as he focused on the guitar in front of him and the thousands of adoring fans cheering them on.

Michael moved around stage, going from Ashton to Calum and messing with them throughout the show. Though, not once did he bother Luke.

Luke was very distant, the fans in the front rows seemed to noticed but continued to cheer Luke on. He was trying his best to stay focused on the task in front of him, but the only thing on his mind was Michael. And how Michael probably hates him, he knew he was clingy but if Michael was getting tired of him he'd leave him be. Luke didn't want to ruin the friendship he had with Michael, it meant the world to him.

After the show they headed backstage to freshen up and Michael was the first to notice Luke was nowhere to been found.

"Where's Luke? I swear he was here a minute ago." Michael asked worriedly, he was looking in every place in the room but it seemed ridiculous that he'd even find a tall broad man inside a cabinet.

The other boys shrugged. They suggested he was probably in the bathroom. Michael decided it wouldn't hurt anything to go and check. He needed to find his Lukey and make sure he was okay. 

When he reached the bathroom in the back of the arena he heard a shower running and faint mumbles. Michael figured it was Luke singing lowly to himself, but when he turned the corner those mumbles turned into quiet sobs.

"Luke?" Michael yelled.

"Yeah? I'm in the shower." Luke answered meekly, quieting his cries. The tears were streaming down his face, but not even the steaming water from the shower could cover up his puffy red eyes if Michael took one look at him.

"You okay in there buddy? I thought I heard you crying." Michael spoke softly. Luke knew he was approaching the shower, that any second now he'd open the curtains and see his tear stained cheeks. He wasn't even taking a shower, just standing underneath the flowing water to block out the sounds of his cries. Luke didn't want his best friend to see him cry over something as foolish as him not paying him any attention during the show.

"Lukey?" Michael asked again when Luke didn't reply. "I'm going to come open the curtain, okay? I need to see if you're okay..." The only response was a choked sob escaping from Luke's lips.

The curtain swung open and Michael saw Luke in the corner of the shower with his face buried in his hands, his chest was rising up and down rapidly as he attempted to catch his breath. Michael ignored the fact that Luke was naked and turned the shower off before pulling him close in his arms. The blond boy clung to Michael's shirt, his tears staining the white shirt Michael was wearing.

"I'm so sorry," he cried into his shoulder. "I'm sorry that you hate me."

Michael moved Luke out of his grip to wrap a fluffy towel around the now shivering boy before pulling him close once again. "I don't hate you. I don't know why you think I do, but I don't. You're my best friend, Lukey."

"But-"

"I don't." Michael rubbed soothing circles on Luke's bare back, attempting to calm down the vulnerable boy in his arms. "I love you, so much."

////

I'm so muke it hurts