Five

Michael noticed when Luke was snuggled into his side that their was something on his neck. His body went rigid when he figured out what it was. He ran his finger across it making Luke jump up from where he was laying. Luke looked at Michael with wide eyes and a pleading look silently asking him not to mention what he saw. Michael is fuming, and he's also stubborn so of course he'll ask.

"Who gave you that?" Michael asked quietly, he knew Luke didn't want Ashton or Calum to come in here and interrogate him as well. It was better if it was just Michael in the backroom with him.

Luke rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding eye contact with Michael. He knows how Michael feels about him. Even if he's never said it to Luke's face, he knows. Neither will act upon any of those feelings. They're in a band together, they're best friends, and one wrong move would tear everyone apart and they won't risk it. Even to find happiness in each other.

"Some girl at the bar I went to with Calum," Luke squeaked shrugged his shoulders, fixating his eyes on the TV rather than Michael's solemn face. He knows he shouldn't have let her, he knows he shouldn't have pinned her up against the wall, he knows their lips should never have meshed together, he knows, but it's hard living your life pining after your best friend that you can't have. Luke just want to forget those feelings exist, but he can't. Not when Michael walks around looking cute and giving him platonic forehead kisses and cuddles. Both are guilty for doing such thing... There's just nothing else for them to do.

"Cool, you finally got some action." Michael wanted to scream and rip out his hair. The one person he loves most was right there in his arms, but he can't have him. Luke could hear through the lies. "Did you get her number?"

Luke nodded. "Are you going to call her?"

Luke was contemplating his answer. He didn't want to call her, but he knew he should or he should go find himself someone else to love. Luke knew Michael wanted that for him, because it's hard to love someone to the fullest when you can't have them. Michael wanted Luke to have someone to hold, to go on dates, to be with each other without having to hide it. That's what he deserves and Michael knows he can't give that to him as long as they are in a band together.

"Maybe," Luke admitted.

"You should go for it. You deserve someone to make you truly happy." Michael said truthfully, even if it did hurt to say those words. "Now come cuddle with me again. We need to finish the movie so I can go to bed." Michael made grabby hands for Luke. He pulled the younger boy close. Luke snuggled in closer to Michael, wrapping his long arms around his waist to keep him on the couch.

Luke wanted to freeze time and live in this moment. To know Michael will be there when he wakes up and when he goes to sleep. He wanted the one thing he can't have. So he was going savor the moment. The moment that may not last forever. One of them might find someone else one day and the other long forgotten.

"Thanks for being my cuddle buddy, Mikey."

////

the ending is trash because my phone deleted the original and I had to rewrite it and it's not the same ugH