Six

"I don't understand why you two won't date." Calum sighed. His best friends were completely in love with each other, but wouldn't doing anything about it for the sake of the band. Calum understands where they're coming from, but he also feels if you're in love with someone you should do something about it. You never know what tomorrow looks like.

"It's complicated, Calum. This band means everything to us and we can't let our feelings get in the way of that." Michael tried to explain. No one understands. Luke doesn't talk about how he feels and neither does Michael. It's a silent agreement they've made and they choose to ignore it.

"You guys sleep cuddled up with each other every night, you share your dinner as if can't bear the thought of having two separate plates, you even take a shower together when you're in a hurry. Your feelings are on full display, just make it official and call each other babe... Wait, you already do that!"

Michael sulked back into the couch cushions, pulling his fleece blanket tighter around his body so only his head is peaking out. He wanted to bury himself away so Calum couldn't question him anymore.

"I can't! I'll hold him back from better people to be with in life. Luke, he loves spending every day with me. But, I do absolutely nothing, I stay in this damn bus to hide away from my problems and he stays with me. Even when he wants to go out and party and get drinks or go one some adventures around the city. He hasn't done that since you two went out two weeks ago and he came back with marks along his neck from some girl. He has barely left my side since that." Michael was yelling now, all his emotions he has bottled up finally making their escape. "I'm holding him back from being himself. I don't want him to do that!"

Calum has known Michael long enough to know he'll break any moment. That his shouting will turn into heart wrenching sobs. That Michael will latch onto him and dampen his shirt with tears. Calum knows, he's seen it happen too many time not to. He's seen Michael go through so much when it comes to love and he knows Luke is the one to stay and mend his broken heart. To never leave his side, but they're too stupid to do anything.

"Michael," Calum said softly, pulling his best friend into his arms. His fingers mindlessly running through his lilac hair. Calum was humming a tune to whatever song popped into his head, he needed Michael to be calm. He didn't need to a breakdown when he could provoke it from even happening. "Please talk to him. Luke loves you more than anyone else. Everything will fall into place the moment you stop forcing it not to."

"This band means so much to me, you guys mean so much to me. I had nothing before this, my life was filled with me hiding away. I don't think I could handle something happening between Luke and I, ruining the band if we got into some shitty fight. I don't know what I'd do." Michael clutched Calum's shirt, he looked up at his best friend, his brother. "I'd be nothing."

"We're back!" Ashton shouted from the front of the bus. You could hear the padding of shoes moving across the tile floor reaching towards the back of their home on the road.

"Mikey!" Luke exclaimed, "You have to see all the different kinds of cheerios I bought!"

Calum gave Michael a stern look before pushing him off his lap so he could see what Luke had got for them.

Michael made his way to the small kitchenette. Luke had five different boxes laid on on the small countertop. As he saw Michael approaching he gave him a small bashful smile before telling him every flavor he got for them to try.

Maybe Michael would tell him, maybe he would risk everything he had for someone he loved.

Luke was worth the risk.

////

I had been trying to update this every two days but this past week has been so busy it didn't end up happening.

ITLL GET FLUFFIER NEXT CHAPTER OK OK NO MORE SAD FOR NOW