Chapter 10

"Jade" I heard someone call my name. I looked around and saw that I was surrounded by an endless field of white roses. I was wearing a white beautiful chiffon dress that went a little past my knees. It was very soft, I loved it. My long hair was in a braid that reached down to my back. I reached up and felt a crown of flowers on my head. I smiled. My skin had absolutely no scar. No dirt. Nothing. I looked and noticed that I was alone. I frowned. Am I going crazy?

"Who is it?" I asked to nothing. It sounded kind of like. . .

"Jade it's me" I turned around and saw my wolf.

She was just like a replica of myself. "I haven't seen you in so long Mell" I took in my wolf's form. Over the past years I have not seen my wolf at all since I wasn't allowed to shift. My wolf had chocolate brown fur, the same color as my hair. Her eyes were the same as mine too.

I ran up to her and wrapped my arms around her neck. I missed her so so much. I felt her playfully lick my cheek and I giggled, pulling away. "Mell what's going on?" I asked. "Our mate did something terrible" she whimpered. I frowned a little, confused.

"What do yo-" that's when everything came rushing back. Tears rolled down my face as I remembered every detail.

"Jade you have to wake up" I looked into Mell's eyes and they showed pain. Betrayal. And yet no hatred. "Why Mell? We can be here in this place. Isn't it beautiful?" I asked in awe, looking at the blue sky and smiled at the light breeze caressing my skin.

"Jade we have a chance for a better life" she said. I looked back at her "Really?" was she lying? Can Alex really change?

"We can try but you need to wake up." I frowned. Aren't I already awake? "You're dead Jade."

I. . . I was dead?

Alex actually killed me? My heart ached and tightened painfully at what my mate did. "How could he do this to us?" I whispered, my voice dripping with pain. I sat down on the grass and Mell soon followed, resting her big head on my lap. She whimpered and to calm her down, I brushed my fingers through her soft fur.

I wiped my tears and pushed back my cries. I tried changing the subject

"I'm sorry for shutting you out Mell. We both know you needed it. Are you feeling any better?" I asked her. She looked at me with pained eyes "You didn't have to go through that Jade" I smiled and kissed her head "Of course I did. I couldn't let you die Mell, you mean everything to me" She purred and pulled me closer to her with her paw as she wagged her tail a little bit. I giggled and continued petting her.

I then remembered about Connor. I smiled "Mell I made a friend, his name is Connor." I said and then explained to her everything he did for me. Mell listened silently throughout the whole thing.

When I was done I looked down at her and saw that she had a wolfish smile and a little spark in her eyes. "I know Jade." I smiled

"What do you think about him?"

She didn't have a chance to answer before the sudden pain came again.

I groaned and Mell whimpered, also feeling my pain. It was time to wake up. . .This meant I had to leave Mell so she won't feel what I do. I hugged her tight, not knowing when I'll see her again. I closed my eyes tight and tried my best to concentrate even though the pain was spreading.

Powerful wind surrounded me and then everything went blank.

I open my eyes and gasped for air. I looked around me and only saw darkness. I felt myself laying on something hard and cold, I moved my head a little and winced but noticed that I was still on the ground. I sighed. I tried moving but nothing. I couldn't even lift a finger.

I laid there on the ground and thought about the dream I had. I mean. . . it was a dream right? I couldn't have been dead. Then again Mell never lied to me. She was telling me something but I forgot what it was. Something important.

I sighed. I need to get back upstairs, it should be past midnight about now and everyone must be sleeping. "Urgh" I groaned and was able to get on my two feet. I couldn't see well so I rubbed my eyes. I still couldn't see.

I shrugged and made my way out of the cell and upstairs to my room. I looked in the mirror that I had on my wall and gasped. "No no no no" I pinched myself to make sure it was a dream.

But I wasn't waking up.

I looked at myself in the mirror again and sobbed. I now knew the reason why I couldn't see... why I CAN'T see.

My right eye had a deep gash in. It looked as if my pupil was stabbed but that wasn't the worst part. My whole eye was not brown anymore but completely white. No pupil. Nothing.

I stepped back until my back hit a wall and I slid down. I'll have to live the rest of my life with just vision from one eye? I looked down at my arm. I had to turn my head a little to fully see it with my left eye. I had a scar already forming on my arm.

Why must this happen to me? I don't deserve this. I don't deserve any of this. I whimpered and burried my head in my arms, how was I supposed to go to school like this? There's no doubt in my mind that people will notice.

Then again why should I care anymore? Nobody has cared for me for the past eight years so why the hell am I still waiting?

I can't stay here anymore, there is no hope for me. My brother doesn't remember me, I don't know when Mell will get better, Alex will never except me as his mate, and my parents won't come back. They can't come back no matter how hard I wish. They're dead Jade.

I got up and walked over to the mirror again. My wolf wasn't here to encourage me anymore. I gave a weak smile at myself even though I hated my appearance. "You can do it Jade" I whispered, looking at my sightless eye.

"At least you're not dying"