Chapter 33

*Jade's POV*

My smile had not disappeared the entire day. At random moments I would giggle and blush whenever I thought about Connor and Alex. Currently, I am walking home, still smiling like a fool but I didn't care. I didn't think my day could get ruined until my brother caught up to me, and asked something that sent a painful stab at my chest that almost knocked the breathe out of me.

"Hey Jadie, have you seen mom and dad? And where are all the adults from the pack? Did they all go on vacation or something? They're taking awfully long." Tears almost rolled down my cheeks but I held them in as best as I could. "U-um Ric. Can we talk about this later?" At the moment, I didn't think I could hold in my tears. "Okay, sure. I'll come by your room tonight sis" We arrived at the pack house and I ran up to my room as Eric went into the living room. I slammed my door and fell down on my knees. No. I can't tell him. He'll hate me for life and I can't lose him again. I sobbed.

It was all my fault.

I stayed in my room the entire day, only going down to make dinner for the pack. Time seemed to go faster than usual and every second, my heart broke. I jumped slightly as I heard a knock and Eric slowly came in. "Hey Jadie. Are you alright? You look like you've been crying." He said, worried.

I smiled "I'm fine, just have a runny nose." I sniffed and he sat down across from me on the ground. "Okay, now where were we?" He smiled and rested his elbows on his knees. I breathed deeply and looked at him. Memorizing every inch of his smiling face just in case he left me again.

"Well Ric" I paused and looked down at my twiddling thumbs. "They passed away. . . when um we were really young." I mumbled but he heard me. "W-what?" I peeked through my hair and saw him staring at me with disbelief and tears in his eyes. I have to finish what I started. "How did this happen?" he whispered. "Rouges. . . killed our parents and you can't remember this because you got injured. . . and lost your memory." By now, tears were running freely down my face at the memory of that day. "Why?" he asked getting a bit angry. "Because" I couldn't do this. . . But he has to know.

"Because they wanted me." My head was still down. "And the adults. . ."

Flashback-

Today was a very special day. A couple days ago, the Alpha and Luna made an announcement that the werewolves and vampires were going to make peace. I didn't really know what was going on but since everybody cheered and screamed in happiness, I was happy too.

The Alpha and Luna had just welcomed me into their pack and I was happy. I have a family now. They were so kind and loving that they felt like my second parents, of course I would never forget my real ones. Sadness took over my still nine year old self and to make myself feel better, I began to sing my mom's lulluby. I sang my heart out, already memorized the words to the song and I knew them like the back of my hand. I smiled, feeling a bit better when all of a sudden, the vampires which were outside like me, began to groan and whimper in pain as they kneeled down in my direction. The Alpha and Luna looked just as surprised and confused as I was. Why were they on the ground?

I got up and went to the nearest vampire to help him stand but when I touched him, he cried out in agony. I instantly pulled away and stepped back in fear when he looked at me with deep, blood red eyes. "So the legend was true. The wicked is real. She's the one." He said with animosity. All of the vampires looked at me the exact same way. My small body trembled in fear.

The Alpha and Luna looked at me with wide eyes. I didn't know what to do, so I ran into the house. Even though I was inside, I heard screaming outside. "Is this what you were planning to do! You planned to use that weapon to destroy us! Watch your backs because this peace is over!"

They stood up slowly with great difficulty. "You'll pay for this." All of their faces filled with an evil look in their eyes. The Alpha and Luna tried to speak but they were gone in the blink of an eye.

That same day at night, every single adult hid all the children, including myself, while they faught for their lives and ours against the vampires. They didn't want anyone to get hurt even though the Alpha and Luna knew something was wrong with me. Growls, sneers, screams, gun shots, howls, echoed through the forest, our house, all the way into the place where we were hiding. There was not one soul amoung us children who wasn't crying.

After what felt like an eternity, silence consumed the air. We stayed put until quietly stepping out of our hiding place. Everyone ran out of the house and gasped at the sight before us. Every wolf in their human and animal form were laying on the ground. Not moving. Kids ran to their parents' sides and all that you can hear was, "Mommy, daddy wake up." "You promised you'd teach me how to ride a bike! Daddy wake up!" But they were all met with no response. Me and Eric didn't know who to go to so we just stood in place, crying. Some held onto their parents who were still in their wolf form while others curled up next to their bloody bodies.

One person that was still barely breathing, was the Alpha who was laying beside his dead mate with tears in his eyes. Little Alex ran over to them. "You must take care of every one, son. Be strong. Promise me you will." Alex couldn't stop his sobs. "I will dad" he managed to say. With a last smile on his face, the Alpha closed his eyes and his hand that was holding Alex's, went limp. I couldn't take my eyes off Alex who was sobbing uncontrollably.

The only thing that was running through my head, was that it was all my fault.

End of flashback-

Not one single pack wanted to help because they were scared and that changed Alex. He no longer smiled, laughed, and that was the last time he cried.

He held a burden over his shoulders ever since he was a child. To take responsibility at such a young age would have driven everybody crazy, but not Alex. He stayed strong just like he promised.

I told everything that happened to Eric. From beginning to end. Everything Connor told me, I told him. My head was down throught everything. When I was finished, I looked up at my brother. . . and instantly regretted it. "You're a monster" He spat, stood up, and backed away from me as far as possible. I got up too "No, Eric you don't understa-" I cried but he interrupted me "You freak! It was all your fault! You ruined all our lives, you peice of shit!"

My knees became weak and my heart seemed to stop beating. "No no! Eric! please I didn't mean for any-" He looked at me with disgust, fury, and. . . . repulsion. "Shut up! Stay the hell away from me you fucking murderer! I hope you burn in hell." He ran out of the room and slammed the door behind him, almost tearing it off it's hinges.

I stayed standing in the same spot. I didn't have the energy to breathe right. Slowly, I walked over to my mirror and pulled my hair back to reveal my full face. Looking at myself, I finally realized. . . that I was a monster. Everything that people have told me for years are true. I deserve everything I got.

I realized something too. Alex deserves the perfect mate. Not a murderer. Connor deserves the same. A perfect everything. Not a killer. My brother dserves the perfect sister. Not a monster.

Because I'm a thing that doesn't deserve to live.