Chapter 41

Happy 2017!! *cheers hesitantly*

********

*Alex's POV*

I punched the wall that was closest to me in annoyance.

Are all the damn packs in the country cowards?!

"Relax Knight. Someone will come along I know it" Connor spoke but it sounded more as if he was trying to convince himself.

"Where did you run off to anyways" I asked as I sat down and looked through the few files I had left.

Connor stayed silent for a few seconds before responding, "Just went out for a walk" he said with blood red eyes and fists clenched so hard every vein in his arms were very visible. His posture became rigid and you could clearly tell he was clenching his teeth.

What's up with him? I didn't bother asking and focused more on the task in front of me. Under the hundreds of files, one strangely stood out to me.

Flashback-

"Hey dad!" I shouted as I barged into my father's office.

He looked up from some papers he had and smiled back at me. "What's up buddy" I pouted and crossed my arms "I'm a big boy now dad!" I said, trying to hide my smile

"Not yet pal but you soon will be" My father chuckled. I smiled and ran towards him "What's that?" I asked, getting on my tip toes to get a full view of the file he held.

"This is what our family uses when there's something very important going on or in case of an emergency" I nodded and then a light bulb lit up in my head "We're not in trouble are we?" I asked, worried.

My father shook his head and smiled widely "No buddy, we actually just made new friends and they're coming over in a couple days" My eyes widened "Wow! And will I make friends with them too!" I asked, already imaging all the new friends I would make

"Of course! And from now on, there will only be peace." He said with great relief in his silver eyes that were just like mine

"So when you take my place when you're older, always remember that this file will be our back up" My father said with a little seriousness in his tone.

I saluted and stood straight "Yes sir!" He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"Come on let's go see what mom's up to." He said as he stood up and picked me up onto his back

End of flashback-

The memory of them made my eyes sting but I instantly pushed them back. It's something I had mastered after that day.

I shook my head and opened the file. All of it was in my father's hand writting and at the far bottom was a name and phone number. It read 'Alpha Kemp'

It didn't sound familiar at all but there was no time for doubts. I picked up the phone, dialed the number and by the second ring, someone finally picked up

"Alpha Kemp speaking" a deep voice with a british accent answered "Good evening Alpha Kemp, I'm Alp-" I began but was interrupted

"Ahh Carissa and Abraham's son, am I correct?" Alpha Kemp questioned. He must have been friends with my parents or something I assume "Yes I am, Alpha Kemp" I responded. "Wow finally I hear from you all, well after what happened." He trailed off and remained silent for a few seconds.

"How are you holding up, son?" I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "At the moment? Not so great" I responded.

"Talk to me." He said sternly and that's what I did. I told him every little thing with Jade being my mate, to her outburst and the death of my pack, all the way to the situation we are in now. It sounded completely crazy coming out of my mouth but I somehow knew I could trust this person, mostly because he was close to my family.

"You're in a serious pickle, son." He answered. I nodded and sighed "Yes I think I am"

"I believe I know what you must do." My ears perked and I sat up slightly "Come here to England with me and my pack. Along with the rest of the people with you." I blinked rapidly

"That's very sincere Alpha but I can't just-" I began but was interrupted yet again

"There is no way in hell that anyone will help you there, son and you know that. If I could go there, I would but I have responsibilities here. Leaving is a big sacrifice for all of you but it's the only way for you to recover. You will be able to form a pack here with my help and I guarantee you and the others will grow stronger. I'm not sure exactly how long it would take but it's the only choice there is. Come here to England." I stayed silent for what felt like forever.

Would this really help our situation? "You will see her again because we'll lend a hand." Alpha Kemp said with strong seriousness. After a moment or so I made up my mind and hung up the phone after saying a goodbye.

"Well?" Zaiden and Eric asked at the edge of their seats and hope in their eyes. Connor said nothing but had all his attention on me.

The room was so quiet that a single pen drop would make a huge echo. "We're going to England."

*Connor's POV*

I looked at Alex as if he had grown three heads "What?" I asked, not yet comprehending what had just come out of his mouth.

"Get your stuff we're going to England." He repeated as he walked out of his office and went up some flights of stairs with me following close behind

"Are you freaking nuts?! We can't just up and go Alex! What about Jade? Do you expect me to leave her behind!?" I half shouted, trying to reason with him

"Look at the damn situation we are in Davis. We have not one single hint of where Jade could be and you damn well know we can't do this on our own. Alpha Kemp is willing to lend us a hand when absolutely no one is giving us and I can't pass up this chance."

Alex said as he packed random clothes into a duffle bag. "I'm not going then." I responded stubbornly. Just thinking of leaving when Jade needs me almost has me weak in the knees.

"Do as you wish but what are you going to do when you have nothing? No single trace, no direction to start at, not one damn clue huh? If you don't want to come, then stay here and cry in a corner Davis while I actually go and do something."

That shut me up. Even though I don't want to admit it, he has a point. I have absolutely no idea what to do and I hate it. But leaving? At this time?

I sighed internally in defeat. "For how long" I asked. "That's something I don't know." Alex picked up his bag and walked out of his room leaving me by myself.

My fists clenched and I smiled bitterly. There's no way I'm going to let him do all the work.

With my speed, I ran out of the house and went directly to mine to pack.

Just you wait my love, we'll be together