Chapter 20

Jade's sweater^
****

*Jade's POV*

"Am I even putting this on right?" I mumbled to myself. It's four in the morning and I've spent ten minutes trying to put on one of the shirts that Connor had bought me. I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror in my room.

I tilt my head to the side in confusion. Why does this look weird? The more I looked at myself, the clearer I found the second sleeve behind my back. "So that's why." I reach behind me and successfully manage to put it on right.

Today I am going to try and "win over Alex".

Key word: try.

I went over to my bed, sat down, and began putting on pants. By the time I finished, I immediately wanted to take them off. I missed the freedom my sweats gave me, but now's not the time for complaining.

I walked over to my mirror once again and smiled as I reached for my white panda sweater. Once I saw it at the store, I instantly fell in love. It was a little too big on me, but I think it looked nice along with some black pants. Skinny jeans, I think they're called. My hair looked presentable, so I did nothing to it.

Beep beep beep

I jumped at the sudden noise and after putting on a pair of shoes, I ran downstairs to make breakfast. I opened the fridge and only saw eggs and bread. They didn't even bother going to the store while I was away? I sighed. Everyone has a big appetite and I know for a fact that they won't be happy.

What a great way to start off my morning.

I got a hold of the egg cartons and began making what I could with the little ingredients I had. I made more than enough sandwiches to feed every wolf. Well, except me.

I set the plates on the table and placed two sandwiches on each plate. I gulped when I heard footsteps coming from every direction towards the kitchen. I couldn't do this right now. Like the coward I am, I grabbed my backpack and managed to slip out of the tiny crack of the kitchen window. After safely landing on my feet, I ran.

*****

When I got to school, I immediately went looking for Connor. It became a routine kind of thing for me.

I fixed my clothing when I found him at the end of the hallway and made my way towards him "Co-" I stopped when Layla suddenly appeared in front of him. I quickly hid behind a locker to not be seen. "I've told you before and I'll tell you again. Mind your own fucking business." Connor spat. "Con listen to me. If you keep hanging onto that mutt I'm going to have to do something I don't want. As soon as my Alex makes me Luna, I'm getting rid of anybody who stands in my way. Either you quit playing these stupid games or suffer the consequences."

Silence. After a couple seconds, Connor spoke. "You have no chance against Jade. She's far more powerful than you could ever imagine so why don't you take your little warning and fuck off." he said. My tummy instantly exploded with butterflies at him defending me but my happiness was replaced with fright at the coldness behind Layla's next words, "We'll see about that"

I stayed behind the lockers even after I heard the sound of Layla's heels vanish. What did she mean by that? She plans on becoming Luna? But that spot is only for an Alpha's mate, not someone else! Who knows what would happen to the pack. . . who knows what will happen to my mate. . .

This isn't good. I walked out and saw that Connor was still standing where he was before Layla came. I slowly walked up to him and gently tapped his arm, "hey" I smiled up at him. His eyes went wide when he saw me "H-how do I l-look?" I said nervously. Even though he was smiling, sadness suddenly clowded his beautiful eyes, "You look beautiful" Connor said softly.

I tried to hide the blush that was crawling up my face by putting my head down but with two fingers under my chin, Connor lifted my head so I was looking up at him, "Please don't hide from me." he said. I couldn't tear my gaze away from his. It was as if he had me in some sort of trance that I definitely didn't want to get out of.

Even so, trance or not, I leaned into his touch and smiled at how good this felt. How right this one small gesture made my insides explode. If only this beautiful creature was my mate, I'd be in paradise but it's unheard of for a wolf and vampire to mate. I wonder if we could actually. . .

No! Jade you can't. You have a mate out there for you. He might not be the best, but I might as well try to earn his affection. . . right?

I blinked a couple times and with all the strength I had, I pulled away. His hand fell to his side. That's when the bell decided to let itself be known. "W-we better ge-t to class" I subconsciously held his hand in mine and we went towards our first class while trying to ignore the needles shooting up my arm.

What is this boy doing to me?

*****

Since Connor and I only have two classes together, we went our separate ways by the third bell.

I rounded the corner, thinking about earlier. Me and Connor have been getting closer and I don't know if it's a good thing. Is it even possible to have feelings for two people at the same time? I must be going insane.

Okay as soon as I see Alex. . . wait what am I going to say? Will he even like what I'm wearing? No. I patted my cheek in a way to control myself. I've gone this far already so I might as well just go through this day.

One second I'm walking and the next, "Oompf". I groan at the throbbing pain behind my head. "Im so sor-" I begin to say but swallow my words when I see Alex standing above me. Shivers went down my spine at the scent of my mate. It feels like forever that I haven't seen those piercing silver eyes

I got up quickly, smiling at this deja vu moment. "I'm sorry Alpha Alex" I couldn't muster more than a smudge of confidence. Still, I held my gaze with my handsome mate. He blinked and just that tiny gesture had my face beating red. He frowned at my appearance, did he not like it? The bell rang, but none of us made any move. For the first time, I didn't care that I was going to be late to class.

He cleared his throat, "Watch where you're going next time" he said in a rough, husky tone. He then walked past me, his shoulder bumping the side of my head. Even though it stung a bit, I smiled wide. He held back his strength! We both know he could have done extremely worse than before, but he didn't!

My heart swarmed with happiness, now completely forgetting the small bruise I'll most likely have by the end of today. I did a happy twirl and made my way to my next class.

Maybe things will get better from now on.

*****

Dun dun duuunnn. What do you guys think of Alex's minor change? Will he stay like this?? Please,
Comment
Vote
Follow
Share & tell me what you think!