3. Literally Frank Iero's Mom

Hi guys! So it's been a while since I've posted but that's because school is starting soon and I was writing this and crap you probably don't care about so I've got a chapter so here you go enjoy
-
Gerard's POV

RINGRINGRINGRING

Motherfucker.

Gerard slapped his hand at the alarm clock, knocking it to the floor and groaning in frustration. He kicked his legs around the covers and attempted to wipe the sleep from his eyes. He only accomplished nearly poking his eye out.

Dragging his legs over the side of the bed, he stared at the sleeping form of his brother in the bad next to him, sleeping peacefully. Yeah, not anymore. Gerard threw his pillow at his brother, because siblings are pretty much assholes to each other unless someone messes with the other.

"Fuck off, Gerard." Mikey groaned. "You're like my worst nightmare." Ha, Gerard thought, he was someone's worst nightmare like Frank was unattractive.

It's almost five AM and Gerard was already thinking about Frank. Oh well. Gerard stood up, trudging to the door to the tiny kitchen, where his grandmother was working.

Elena Way was a sweet but tough old woman, she took zero shit but made cookies when she was bored and would yell at squirrels if they got close to the bird feeder. Her silver hair was normally pulled into a tight bun, and she always woke up stupidly early in the morning.

She turned to Gerard, smiling at her grandchild with love. "Good morning Gee, you want some breakfast before your date?" It took a moment for Gerard to register what she had said, and his cheeks colored as he stumbled over his next words.

"I-It's not a date, Grandma...I'm just going over to a guy's h-house." Elena Way rolled her eyes as her grandson, as it was blatantly obvious that he liked this boy he was going to see at the crack of dawn.

"Alrighty then, now here, have some pancakes, you might burn some calories over at that boy's house." She said, handing Gerard a plate. Gerard's eyes widened at his grandmother, almost saying something to her before she raised an eyebrow and pointed to the table, gesturing for him to sit.

Gerard sat and began wolfing down the pancakes, choking on them more than once in an effort to eat quickly to get to the cute tattooed boy's house as soon as possible. In the back of Gerard's mind, he thought of possibly choking on something else, but it was too early for that shit and he needed to calm the fuck down.

He put his plate in the sink and ran into his room, pulling on his swim trunks quickly. He ran out the door, after muttering a quick goodbye to his grandmother and fumbling to untie the small boat his grandmother owned from the dock.

He looked out over the lake, a hazy must over the water, making the whole scene look kind of enchanting. The sun was just peeking over the tall pine trees that lined the lake, casting shadows on the houses tucked away in the forest corners. It was truly beautiful.

Gerard scanned across the lake, noticing a familiar house on the other side of the small cove his grandmother's house was tucked into. Frank's house. He'd only now realized how close their houses were.

He stepped into the small boat, tugging on the life jacket. He'd seen Mikey start the boat a million times, but he was still nervous about riding alone. He knew how to drive a boat, he wasn't like spongebob or anything. He shifted the boat into gear, wincing at the loud sound the motor made when it was turned on, and steered the boat in the direction of Frank's house.

Gerard was always calm on boats, being out on the water was his favorite thing. He loved the sound of the water lapping the poles that held up the wooden docks along the lake, he loved how the sun reflected off the water and created a work of art in the current. He felt alive on the water, he felt at home, more at home then he did in New Jersey with his mother that closed doors to loudly and the father that hadn't been there for his birth. You might as well call him a freaking wallflower because he felt infinite on the water.