5. Frank May Or May Not Stick A Tampon Up His Nose In This Chapter

{fun fact this chapter is gonna be hella long so be prepared}

"Don't worry, you'll be okay. Trust me."

-

Gerard nodded at Frank, trying his best not to stare at his chest and hips. But let's be serious; Gerard isn't subtle. At all.

"Okay Gerard, you kinda need to be in deeper water." Frank smiled at the older boy. Gerard moved slightly backwards, hardly moving at all, crossing his arms and planting his feet firmly in the sand. Frank rolled his eyes at him, grabbing Gerard's arm and dragging him farther into the lake up to his chest.

"okay, I think this is far enough; teach me how to swim please." Gerard said, his heartbeat quickening as the cool water brushed against his chest. Frank smiled at him and brushed a few wet hairs out of his face.

Why is he so happy looking at me? I'm ugly, annoying, and once he knows about what I caused he'll hate me.

Gerard pushed his intrusive thoughts aside, instead focusing on Frank. Hm, he looked really good with his hair all wet and in his face like that. Why hadn't he noticed that before?

"Gerard?" Frank started again, cocking his head to the side in confusion as Gerard continued to stare at him. He brushed some hair out of his face again, a small and casual gesture; but it made him look like a prince to Gerard. The tattooed boy cleared his throat, which brought Gerard back to the reality that he was standing in a lake and he proceeded to have an existential crisis.

"Since you've never properly swam before, I'm gonna help you stay afloat so let's see how awkward this gets." Frank had put on a slight 'teacher voice', which made Gerard think of those teacher-student porn videos he watched in high school.

Yes, it is an appropriate time to be thinking about Frank Iero as a teacher in a porn video, it always is.

"Okay." Gerard said, unsure of what exactly Frank was going to do, and he was still a little distracted by the porn thing. So he was a bit more than slightly startled when Frank moved behind him and put one hand on his stomach, the other on his upper thigh. "You're gonna have to, like, sink into the water a little so I can hold you up." Gerard leaned down and Frank shifted to his side, holding Gerard up in the water like they were in some middle-class white girl dance school performance for the PTA or some shit like that.

Gerard was now flat on his stomach, craning his neck around to look at Frank. "Let's start with the breaststroke, it's pretty easy, you'll get the hang of it quickly." Frank smiled at Gerard again, and really, he was starting to wonder what he was so goddamn happy about. "Okay, try kicking like a frog, here, I'll hold onto you." Frank's hands moved to take a firm hold on Gerard's waist, which was making Gerard really sexually frustrated.

"Kick you son of a bitch." Frank said after Gerard hadn't moved for a few moments. "I'm sorry, I, uh...." Frank giggled, and damn his giggle was cute. "Just kick your legs Gerard."

Gerard tried kicking, only succeeding at kicking poor Frank Iero square in the face. Frank's hands, his absolutely lovely tattooed hands, went to his face as Gerard flailed around in the water and somehow managed to to stand up and ask, "Are you okay?"

Frank's answer was muffled behind his hands, and when Gerard asked "What?", he pulled them away. And Gerard almost screamed.

Well, he did scream a little but that's beside the point.

Frank's lips and nose were dripping with blood, the crimson liquid sliding down his jaw and neck in little droplets. His lips were beginning to swell, the right side tinged a shade of purple. There was also a stream of blood pouring from his nose, which gave him the sort of "I was just in a fight look how tough I am" appearance, which was surprisingly attractive to Gerard.