10. Mikey Is a Homewrecker and Rudolf

Mikey was still sitting in the boat.

He was also just as cranky as he had been, if not more so now. He had left his glasses in his room, and was feeling like an absolute idiot. An idiot whose idea of making an angsty teenage show of storming off mean taking a boat into the middle of the lake. Christ, he sounded like an old fisherman.

Mikey stood up, debating whether or not to just take the boat back to the house or just fuck around in the lake for a while to let off steam. He paced around the boat, really just letting his emotions stir because he had no clue what he was doing right now, one part of that being that he couldn't really see more than three feet in front of him.

It was weird for him to think that he had met Frank and his friends only-what was it-three days ago? Wow, and he was already accusing Gerard with sleeping with him. Perfect little brother right here.

And along with the fact that he had only met the lot three days ago, he had what he assumed to be a horrible excuse for a crush on Pete. But he couldn't really call it a crush, as it was more that he was physically attracted to him more than he was personality wise, hell, he didn't even know that much about him. And what was worse is the fact that he was with Patrick, even though Mikey was reading that the relationship was a little one-sided. Which was a bad thing to even say, he couldn't go messing up relationships like a fucking homewrecker. Even if they weren't married he was still a homewrecker. Shit.

He heard someone call him name from the shore, a voice he just barely recognized but could still identify it with the way he spoke.

"Mikeyway! What are you doing on a boat at like one in the afternoon?" Pete yelled, and mikey turned to him, once again realizing that he was in fact really blind and couldn't see anything or anyone, just blobs of color.

"Hey?" He yelled back, a little nervous to say anything for fear of some old man coming out and yelling at him to pipe down or get off his lawn or something. He wasn't even technically on a lawn, he was in the water about fifty feet from the shore, that wouldn't be considered a lawn would it? Damn, this was an idiotic conversation that Mikey was having with himself.

"Come over here man! What're you scared of?" Many things, including being near you when I'm awkward as hell, Mikey thought to himself as he yelled out an "okay!" At Pete. He gunned the engine and steered the boat over to the shore.

"Pull up here, it's my dock, don't worry." Mikey was close enough to catch the blurred smile on Pete's face, causing his cheeks to go a little red.

He tied the boat to the dock and got off, Pete's face becoming less blurry as he got closer, which was helpful to Mikey yet still unhelpful, as Pete's face was in a way, a blessing and a curse for him.

"Why were you out here on a boat doing nothing and looking kind of pissed about something?" Pete kept his smile throughout the question, chuckling a little at the end and basically destroying Mikey's life entirely.

"I, uh, got pissed about something between my brother and Frank, said some things I shouldn't have said, and was really just kind of angry at nothing." Mikey felt his face heat up when he spoke, as well as how he noticed how Pete's eyebrows narrowed in confusion while he was talking.

"What'd ya say? If I can ask that." Pete offered Mikey to sit down on the small rock wall separating the little beach and lawn, which he did, right next to Pete.

"Well, I maybe sorta accidentally called Gerard a whore? And then proceeded to yell at him about something that happened a while ago that was kind of a big deal for us and then he started crying and I kind of fucked everything up very badly." Mikey didn't look Pete in the eyes and just stared down at his feet after that, because he had just been hit once again with what he had done, and it was really making him feel like the world's shittest human being.