1. Are you addicted to Wattpad?

How do you know if you're addicted to Wattpad?

Assuming you're into 'halal' romances, I'm guessing you're scavenging Wattpad for books like 'A Muslim's Romantic Journey', 'Once Upon Qadr' and 'In Your Love...', but instead you have to result to books that are undiscovered and have...let's face it - terrible grammar.

The point is, that we are so hungry for romance. Romance, that is forbidden for those of us who aren't married - which I'm guessing is most of us. It's actually sad that we're so desperate for romance. And how it affects our hearts...

Like come on.

Don't tell me you didn't smile like a creepy idiot and almost throw your phone in the air when Yusuf first saw Safia. Or that you weren't in despair when Amir couldn't marry Yusra.

I mean come on, I seriously loved it when Uthmaan and Asma had their moments.

It's true that these stories do things to you.

But there is a limit to everything.

You'll know if you're addicted to Wattpad and all these Islamic books if everytime there's an update for your favourite book, you'll drop everything and read.

The biggest indicator however is procrastination.

Dun-Dun-Duuuunnnnn.

We all do it.

It's terrible actually.

You have a test tomorrow.

Oh, and it's not just any test. It's maths.

Now, maths and I have a terrible history together. Particularly with algebra.

Anyways, so maths and I go back a long way. I fear that it's going to be a never-ending feud.

So it's a maths test.

And it's the end of the year.

(Oh gosh this is scaring me)

You get the notification and criteria. Right, now I'm going to ace this. I shall study hard. Then I shall get 100 in the test. Then I shall go home and tell my parents. Then I shall become their most favourite person in the world lol.

Now when the time comes to study, you're like; Oh, it's 4:40 and I still have 20 minutes till 5. I'll just start my homework at 5. In the meantime I'll read the new updates that just came out.

The next time you look at clock, you do a double take and begin wondering how on Earth it's 5:45.

Maghrib's in 10 minutes.

I'll get up and do Maghrib at 6:00. In the meanwhile let me just finish these couple of of chapters.

Next time you look at the clock - it's 8:00.

I should probably do Isha. Yeah. I'll get up and do Isha.

and THEN I can read a couple more chapters.

Come on guys. Although I did exaggerate, don't deny that you've haven't read a book for hours on end. If you don't care about your grades, that's completely up to you (but you should). If you don't care about spending time with you're family, that's completely your choice (It's not actually, you have to be dutiful to your parents). If you don't care about doing your Salah, then think about Who exactly it is that you are disobeying.

All of these things - acquiring knowledge, spending time with family and doing Salah are commands from Allah. You and I both know that, we've heard them endless times.

I'm not telling you to stop reading these books, because that would be extremely hypocritical of me.

Just cut down on how much you read them.

And please, set up your priorities.

Just a reminder, the more filth that you expose your heart to, the harder it will become.

Give time to the Book of which there is no doubt, the Quran. The book that Allah sent down for YOU! Allah sent it to you as a gift, so do not reject it.

And Allahu Alam.

Book references:

'A Muslim's Romantic Journey' - Yusuf and Safia

'Once Upon Qadr' - Amir and Yusra

'United Again' - Asma and Uthmaan