5. Sources...sort of

I'm not sure how to word this...so I'm just going to say it as it pops out of my mind. (And then I'll probably come back in a couple of days to proof read and cringe at every word.)  

I'm not a qualified scholar. I'm not a qualified anything actually. I just wanted to do some research and compile it. 

So, if ANYTHING, (and I mean anything) contradicts your beliefs, or you think there is an extra side to something, please, please, PLEASE tell me so that I can research more! 

And what I write is in no way to say that you shouldn't research. 

This isn't a platter where I present you with all the information, I could be completely wrong. 

May Allah guide us to the straight path. 

Recently I've just been alerted that IslamQA isn't a trustworthy source. 

BIG FAT MESSAGE TO YOU BEFORE YOU GO ON - DON'T READ THE FATWAS IF YOU GET REALLY PUSHED ON ABOUT PROHIBITIONS ON WOMEN (LIKE I USED TO) BECAUSE THEN YOU WILL BE UPSET (LIKE I WAS) AND YOU WILL RAGE (LIKE I DID) AND IT WILL BE REALLY ANNOYING (I KNOW THIS) SO DON'T!

SURAH AL-MA'IDAH: 101-102 'O you who have believed, do not ask about things which, if they are shown to you, will distress you. But if you ask about them while the Quran is being revealed, they will be shown to you. Allah has pardoned it [i.e., that which is past]; and Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing. A people asked such [questions] before you; then they became thereby disbelievers*.

*
by their unwillingness to carry out what was commanded of them. 

And before I give my opinion on them, I'd like to tell you about some of their views. 

- The face of the woman is awrah, henceforth niqab is compulsory 
  See Fatwa #11774 - Ruling on covering the face, with detailed evidence 

- Leaders cannot be women 
See Fatwa #20677 - Is it permissible in Islamic Sharee'ah for a woman to be a ruler?
Also Fatwa #3285 - Ruling on appointing women to positions of high public office

- A wife cannot leave her house, even to see her parents without her husbands permission. He has the right to forbid her from it. A woman cannot travel without a mahram. 
See Fatwa #69937 - Rulling on her going out of the house without her husband's permission and travelling without a mahram. 

BUT

You have to remember that they are Muslims too, and some of what they say may be right. (Not necessarily on the topics above, but on other topics)

I know that in some places, when the Azaan is being called, it is seen as rude for women to have their hair uncovered, even when they are in their own homes! (Reference to Pakistan lol)  

This is in Fatwa #143815 - Is it true that the Shaytaan plays with a woman's hair if she uncovers it?

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked the following question:

When the muezzin gives the call to prayer and a woman has her hair uncovered and is in her house, or in her family's house, or in a neighbour's house, where no one can see her except her mahrams or other women, is that haraam? Do the angels curse her for the duration of the adhaan?

He replied:

This is not true. A woman may uncover her hair even when the muezzin is giving the call to prayer, so long as no non-mahrams can see her. But if she wants to pray, then she has to cover all of her body except her face, although many scholars grant a concession allowing her to leave her hands and feet uncovered too. But to be on the safe side she should cover them too, except for the face; there is nothing wrong with leaving it uncovered. This applies when there are no non-mahram men around her; if there are, then she must also cover her face, because it is not permissible for her to uncover it except before her husband and non-mahrams. End quote.

There are many more fatwa's like these, addressing people's misconceptions. 

However, one thing I think they seem to have over done, is prohibitions. I think they've identified areas of...weakness or potential weakness and have taken some verses or hadith to classify something as haraam. 

Allah knows best. 

That being said, I was wrong to quote only their Fatwa's to you. 

In the future I will include various views and try to explore both sides of an argument before posting. 

Surah - Al-Ma'idah: 105 - 'O you who have believed, upon you is [responsibility for] yourselves. Those who have gone astray will not harm you when you have been guided. To Allah is your return all together; then He will inform you of what you used to do. 

May Allah guide us all.

Barakallahu Feekum :)

Topics coming up
- Maiden Names - re explored in the light of both sides (WHICH I DID BUT WATTPAD DELETED!!!! AQWIJJNJSDNKSJNKANS) 
- How do I know if my stories....not right 
- How do I know if other stories....aren't right 
- Criteria for marriage 
- Anything else? I'm open to suggestions.