9. Views, Opinions and Confusion

Assalamualaikum guys,

This isn't going to take very long.

I've recently received a whole lot of requests to read peoples books, not to advertise or anything, but out of pure confusion of whether their own book is right or not.

Guys, I can't say.

Really.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not a qualified anything.

My advice to you is for you to ask yourself.

Every human being was given their own moral calculator.

That's something Allah gifted to us.

We can tell that murdering innocents or introducing corruption is wrong, you don't have to be Muslim for that.

We were all given a basic sense of decency, sense of justice, sense of hayaa.

It's called our Fitrah.

I know it's really easy to get confused and caught up because of fear that you may do something wrong. 

I was like that too.

My way to address it was to delete my books because I didn't think them suitable.

Honestly what made me change was that I just started reading the Quran. I stopped my daily habits, and just picked it up. It helps if you have a nice translation on you, if you don't you can always go to quran.com

I just read.

And each time I read, I became more distant from Wattpad.

And then I saw my own books, and I just didn't feel right.

That doesn't mean you should delete yours, I know some of you have put hours into it.

Read your book again and see if it is in compliance with your own hayaa, or sense of decency.

Or you could just open the Quran seeking guidance.

If you want to know if you have an intact fitrah, Nouman Ali Khan listed these as a few of the indicators of an intact fitrah.

- Gratitude
- The ability to think and ponder
- Patience
- Kindness
- Humility (Being able to admit your mistakes)

If you are still confused, ask Allah for guidance. We say it so many times a day,

It is You (Allah) we worship and You we ask for help.
Guide us to the straight path -
The path of those upon whom You have bestowed favor, not of those who have evoked [Your] anger or of those who are astray.

I'm sure you know which Surah that is.

My opinions, I've realised after reading many of your comments, are different to yours.

That's alright.

We all have different circumstances that influence us.

Which means, I could defend my opinion just as strongly as you could defend yours.

Nonetheless, I still would like my views to be challenged.

I was watching the biography of Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (ra) and in it, he asked Ali Ibn Abi Talib (ra) to help him with some matters of the people because they were becoming numerous.

Ali (ra) agreed, but not before asking what would happen if they disagreed on the judgement of a matter on which there is no specific instruction in the Quran and Sunnah.

Umar (ra) said that Ali's knowledge of the Quran and Sunnah would be enough for him not to go against it, and as for the rest of the matters that require more personalised judgement, he would be fine with what Ali did even if it was different to what he himself would have judged.

I can't remember the scene exactly, but it went something like that and stayed with me.

Another scene showed Umar making prohibitions on something, and then being rebuked infront of an entire audience by a random person. He amended his mistake on the spot.

So if I'm doing something wrong, point it out habibti!
And feel free to message me if you have any other concerns.

I'm not sure what else to put here because it's almost 3 AM here, so I'll leave. Perhaps I'll come back and put something else in here in the morning when I cringe at what I wrote so late at night.

Nouman Ali Khan video reference (Surah Al-Kahf (in-depth) With Nouman Ali Khan: The Fitrah) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6v8XOx6CG4