10. Spiritual Booster

"The signs manifest in the sky are changing. Merger of the Moon into the Sun is one of them. This implies that all skies have been now been folded. Any moment now, Almighty Lord of the Universe will become apparent to everyone and the much-awaited Court of Accountability will commence. At that time, you and the entire world will find out who is this most esteemed and supreme entity called the God Almighty."

Saleh's sentence had not even finished when there was a loud bang. Everyone was shaken up. As the noise came from the sky, everyone's gaze turned upwards. Saleh and I also looked up like everybody else. An astonishing scene appeared right away. There was a large breach in the sky. A little while later it ruptured and shattered into small fragments like the clouds. The breeches took the shape of multiple gates formed in the sky. From every opening, huge armies of angels began to descend to the earth. They were so many that any sort of counting or estimate was futile. There were various groups of angels and every group had their own appearance and dress that was unique.

The angels began to descend in the centre of the Plane of Judgement where they encircled a vast elevated area. **********

The angles were descending from the sky and arranging themselves in numerous circles, all of them standing with their hands held together respectfully. Their number was multiplying with every passing moment. Meanwhile, the clamour of people had ended as well. Everyone seemed spellbound, looking in the direction of the angels with awe-stricken eyes. All one could hear now was the sound of a few whispers. The reason was that everyone was asking the person standing next to him about what was going on.

I had an idea of what was happening but I still sought a clarification from Saleh. As expected, he replied: "The accountability is about to commence. Court of the One and only is being set up. This is the first stage. The angels are descending and will continue to do so for a long time. Then, at the end, the Bearers of the Throne will arrive. When you saw them last, they were four in number. Now, four more will join them and thus eight angels will come down along with the Throne of the Almighty."

"The Throne of the Almighty..." I muttered to myself. Saleh explained a bit more: "I am sure you can understand that God does not sit on a throne. He is above and beyond such human concepts. In fact, the Throne is only a point of contact for his creations. It is just like Kaaba in Mecca in the previous world, which was called the Qiblah. It served as a pointer. As you know, that Kaaba was called the Home of God but that did not mean that God lived in it. However, when people faced towards it while praying, it served as a point of contact and focus of attention for them. In the same way, people will be able to have a dialogue with the Almighty today via the Throne."

I asked: "So, people will be able to actually listen to God?"

"Yes, just like Moses heard God through a tree in the valley of Mount Sinai. Abdullah, I want to tell you one more important thing." I was already quite attentive yet became all ears when he said it.

"As soon as the Bearers of the Throne descend, the Throne will light up with the reflection of God's pure light called Nur. It will then spread all over the world and the whole world will light up with God's Nur, indicating that from then onwards, everything will happen under the direct control of Almighty. There was a verse in the Qur'an that stated that on this day, God would take the entire world in his fist; this is the true meaning of that verse. The very first order of the day would be for everybody to prostrate in front of the Almighty. Abdullah! That order will create a shocking scene. You will see that all the angels will prostate. All prophets, Siddiqeen, Shuhada, and pious persons present in the shadow of the Throne on the right hand side will bow down."

I could not help but ask: "What about the people present here on this side of the Plane of Judgement?"

"This is the important and shocking event I had alluded to. Any person who had rejected the truth, a hypocrite, one who was defiant to God or a criminal in his eyes will not be able to prostrate in front of him. Such people will try their utmost to bow down but their necks and spines will go rigid like wooden boards making it impossible for them to bend; in addition, the earth will also resist their movement in its direction."