Epilogue

Chilled's POV

The room around me was dark, and I could only gasp, unable to breathe well as my hands fumbled shakily around my throat, checking to make sure that everything was still intact. My head was still on, still connected to my shoulders and my neck. I wasn't bleeding profusely, and the pain in my leg was gone. I felt like nothing had happened in the arena, but my body tingled where there should have been injuries. I wanted a shower despite closer examination showing that I didn't need it. After sitting and panting, getting used to my surrounding, I stood on legs that were stronger than I expected and made my way towards a door that opened automatically for me on the far side of the room.

I stumbled out, the bright lights catching me off guard, and I shook my head, unsure of how to react. I was used to the sun, but these lights illuminated the room something fierce, and I had to blink a couple of times to get used to them. Very quickly, I realized that I was back in the hotel.

"Anthony!" a voice shouted from my left, and I turned, still in a daze. My gaze landed on Ze, and all at once everything came crashing back into reality. He was here, he wasn't dead. He looked alive, healthy as ever, and I felt something release itself from my chest. I let out a sob, and I ran to him, crushing him in a hug that rendered him immobile. He hugged me back, and I stayed there, my hands around his back and my face buried in his neck. I wanted to cry, a lot, but I managed simply to sniffle, keeping my runny nose as bay, and wipe my eyes before anyone could notice. Ze pulled away, looking me over and smiling at me like a madman. "Dude, you're fucking crazy." We laughed at this, and I felt so relieved that the laughter just came tumbling out.

"I know, I know." I told him, tugging on his longer curly hair, which made him bat my hand away.

"My last words to you were not to avenge me, but to do the opposite!" Ze informed me, raising an eyebrow. "You literally did exactly opposite of what I told you!" I blushed at this, slightly embarrassed, before laughing again. Ze did too, hugging me. It just felt nice, relieving, to be around him again. Before I could speak again, I found myself looking past Ze to find Smarty and GaLm, and the pair were walking leisurely towards us. Ze shot me a smile and a nod before I took off, throwing myself at them and catching them off guard.

"Jesus, okay!" Smarty exclaimed as I hugged him, holding him close. I hugged GaLm quickly after, and the man only chuckled.

"Good to see you too, buddy." GaLm said, ruffling my hair. I grinned at them, my cheeks hurting from smiling so much. I wanted to cry and laugh all at once, and I could only switch my gaze before hugging them again, letting tears fall.

"I missed you guys so much." I admitted softly, and GaLm rubbed my back as Smarty laughed, hugging me again.

"No worries, we're alright." Smarty said, and I smiled as I pulled away. Someone tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned to find Ze there, wearing his little knit red hat. He pulled out my Mario one, and straightened it out before placing it on my head. I smiled at him, and he returned it.

"Let's get some food, I'm famished." GaLm announced, and he turned, heading to the cafeteria, and I whipped around at the mention of a meal.

"You're telling me!" I exclaimed, and they laughed as we wandered into the cafeteria. "I bet it's going to taste way better than simulation food."

~~~

Felix's POV

I was panting, my chest heaving in gasps as I desperately felt around my person. I was uninjured, and on my knees as I sat in a dark room with little blue lights all over. The man who killed me had hacked and slashed at me several times, his blade sinking into my skin and leaving multiple cuts over my body. I could only sigh in relief to find my muscles throbbing where there had been injuries, and that they were gone completely. With a sudden epiphany of my situation, I realized that I was in the hotel.