1. Team Recruitment

There are some characters that you might not know, to have a better understanding you can read my The Purr-fect Love Story and my other Haikyuu stories, but you don't have to. All my Haikyuu Fanfiction Series stories relate with each other.

Please Enjoy :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kuroo POV

I angrily crinkle the flyers in my hands as I see that the only people here to represent the boy's volleyball team is Akane, Kenma, and me. "Damn!" It better not be because I'm captain this year that they left me here to do all the work by myself.

Once these new first years to come out it's going to be a hassle with just three people... Mostly if two of them are just playing with cats. I turn to see that Akane and Kenma throw little yarn balls at the cats they raised as kittens. This task...I'm all by myself. I grit my teeth thinking of their future punishment.

"Kuroo-san I came to help," I hear a shout. I turn around with the little hope that it would be Kai or Yaku who would come save my day. Yet, my small hope utterly falls as I turn to see Yamamoto running here.... Of all people who came!!! I grumble in my breath as Yamamoto arrives.

"Here's the flyers for the boy's volleyball team, make sure to smile," I mumble and hand him the flyers. I demonstrate a nice smile for him to follow up when giving someone a flyer.

"Right," he nods his head and tries to copy my smile. It ends up being some intimidating smile you would find from a gang member rather than a volleyball member.

I'm doomed...

"Just go over there and try to get some people to join our club," I put my hand on my head trying to keep myself calm and use my other hand to gesture Yamamoto to stand to my right side. He's all that I have right now... I don't really have anyone.

The bell rings and the first years start rushing out of the gymnasium.

"Kenma! Help me pass out some of these flyers for the boy's volleyball team," I ask him once I see that there were more first years than what I anticipated. Kenma stops playing with cats and Akane waves at him, leaving him turn a little pink in the cheeks.

Ohohoho~ my little Kenma already likes someone, young love. I should have let him play with those cats. I chuckle to myself and turn to Yamamoto to see how he's doing. A vein pops out my head as all the students that take a look from our club run away seeing Yamamoto's gaze.

"Yamamoto." I grab smiley face mask from the theaters club and stick it on his face. "Kukuku~ There that makes me feel better," I give a content smile at the disturbed Yamamoto. I scan the hallways for anymore first years that might be able to join the team.... They're all gone.

Seriously?!

"These cats are so cute," I hear a girl comment from behind me.

"Thanks, a boy named Kenma and I raised them as kittens," I hear Akane answer. I turn around to see Akane talking to two boys and a girl.

"Inuoka and Shibayama, look it's so cute," the brown hair girl plays with the cat's paw. The two first year boys play with the cat's paw along with her.

"Yep it's our mascot for the the boys volleyball team," Akane smiles and the two boys ears perk up.

"Is this the boys volleyball team?" They loudly ask and she nods her head.

"Yep. You should join the boys volleyball team," Akane hands them two sign-up sheets and they quickly sign it. I whistle at Akane easy attempt to get two boys to join the team, Akane is better than Kenma and Yamamoto combined. Akane is one strange girl.

Well it's not just her, I need to step up my game too. That other girl might as well be a manager since two of her friends are going to be on the team. I take a glance at the girl playing with the cat.

...Wait a minute that girl, isn't she the one that I helped out a year ago. I still remember how last year, there was a girl being hit on by a bunch of college boys. I just happen to be there and stopped them from doing anything stupid to her. Who would have thought that I would see her again here at this school. Hmm.. she might as well be a girls manager along with Akane.

"Would you like to join as our girls manager?" I say with my most professional smile. I can hear Yamamoto's loud steps rushing to my direction when he hears 'girls manager'... I'm not going to make us lose any more possible members. Right on cue, I throw a side fist at Yamamoto's stomach and it sends him flying.

The girl flinches from seeing that, but I keep my smile on. "If you join our club, you can see those cats more often." I try to persuade, but she looks hesitant to respond.

"I don't know... my mom said that I have to focus on school and always come home before 8 everyday," she timidly answers.

Aw. What a studious child, she seems like the obedient type of girl. It makes me want to mess around with her.

"No problem. No problem. But let me just to tell you that me along with me, there are a few other members in this team who are college prep students. We can help you anytime you need it. Plus our club rarely involves going out anywhere for that long. So how about you consider this club." I hand her a sign up sheet, "My name is Tetsuro Kuroo, and your name?"

"Nanami Matsuoka." She answers and takes the sheet into consideration.

"Another thing, just between you and me, Akane is all by herself as the girls manager she tend to get very lonely," I whisper a false claim to Nanami. Realistically, Akane actually gets along with everyone in the club and is really friendly. Oh well~ if we get more members then we need more managers.

"Really. Well... I guess I'll join this club." Nanami signs her name on sheet. Like a contract bounded in hands of fate, we got ourselves two players and a girls manager.

Nanami POV

My first time in Nekoma High School and the first thing someone asks me...

"Do you want to sign up as our girls manager?"

I didn't know what to do under pressure. Inuoka and Shibayama just signed up to the boys volleyball team in less than a minute. I gave into pressure and signed the paper. I hate how I can't reject people's offers. I take a glance of the captain of the boy volleyball team. Tetsuro Kuroo. I quickly recognized him as the person that helped me last year when a bunch of college boys tried to hit on me. He really did save me on that day... I think I can trust him. But I don't know if my mom will let me be manager for the boys volleyball team. I think about Sota, my brother, who told me that not to trust strangers when he left the home with dad.

I think I made the wrong choice to be a manager, even if they say they can help me in school and I'm able to come home before 8 pm. I'm afraid of going against my mom's wishes. I can't fight back with her. I stumble into my own thoughts and feel a ball of yarn roll to my feet. I watch the cat touch the yarn ball and pass it the blond girl who's playing with the rest of the cats.

I want to be carefree and listen to no one, but myself....

But that can only be a wish and nothing more.