5. Different Sides~

Nanami POV
(End of game)

I clap my hands with the crowd when the practice game between Shinzen and Nekoma ends. The winners are Nekoma with a score of 2-1 with them taking the first set and the third set from Shinzen. The match was truly spectacular and I have no regrets coming to the practice game.... But I wish the game would have ended sooner. I look at my cellphone and check the time. Crap it's been longer than I expected. I hold onto my bag and stand up.

"Are you going to leave?" Akane asks me with a gloomy look on her face.

"Akane, you shouldn't bother Nanami if she needs to go home, we can't do anything about," Aoi says and Akane pouts hearing his words.

"Sorry Akane, but I have to go," I tell her as I think to myself about how much my mom can possibly be worried about me right now after coming home this late.

"Wait Nanami! Can I please have your cellphone number?" Akane asks and bows her head down. I glance over to Aoi who has a conflicted look on his face and turn to Akane again who's eyes are brimming with hope. Aoi told me Akane didn't have many friends in school so for her to think of me as a friend. I don't want to crush her feelings....

"Sure," I hesitantly answer and Akane's eyes brighten hearing my response.

"Thanks Nanami!" Akane happily says and the two of us exchange cellphone numbers with each other. "Don't ever call me though. I never pick up!" She immediately says, "I always respond to text so please send me a text if you need anything." She notifies me and I nod my head.

"Sure, but I should really get going now. I'll see you two tomorrow" I tell them and wave goodbye. I walk away and check the time on my cellphone again. It's so late. I cry to myself and try to take my quick leave, but fail to.

"Nanami-chan!" I immediately stop after hearing someone shout my name. I hate this habit of stopping whenever someone calls out to me. I turn around to see Kuroo waving to me. "Nanami-chan, I'll walk you home." Kuroo offers and tries to put his arm around my shoulder, but I quickly dodge him.

"I-I can go home by myself," I tell him as I tightly cling onto my bag. Kuroo chuckles and ruffles my hair seeing me in my frantic state.

"I'll walk you home, you have a curfew don't you?" Kuroo questions and a Cheshire smile forms on his face. "It's better for a pretty girl like you to have handsome man like me to walk you home in a dark scary night like this~" He smirks and my face turns bright red in embarrassment.

"I think more dangerous for you to walk me home," I frown. I walk out of the gym and head out of the school entrance. I take a quick glance behind me and see Kuroo following me. H-he's following me?? W-Why??

"Nanami you didn't reject my offer so I don't see why I can't walk you home~" He shrugs with a grin on his face and I sweat drop.

"I swear I thought I did," I point out and he sniffles in a laugh.

"Can you it again loud and proud for me~" he says with a smug look that makes a vein pop on my head. He knows I can reject in front of people. I jerk my head around and click my tongue.

"Fine. Go ahead," I unwillingly tell him after his strong persistence to walk me home. "But when the time comes, you have to catch up with me." I tell him straight in the eye.