3. Cherry Blossom Petal

Nanami POV
(Next Day - After Class)

"Nanami, do you want to go with us to the karaoke place near here," one of the girls that sits near by me asks. It has only been the second day of school and I'm already attracting attention. I cry in my mind. Do I really look like someone who likes going out places because realistically I have never went out with my so called friends before.

"Um... No thanks I can't go... I have to go check on the boy's volleyball team as their manager," I answer with a good excuse for the first time. Normally I would have to lie and make something up, but for once I had a legitimate answer. This is probably the only good thing about getting forced to sign up for this club.

The girls' faces immediately change after hearing what I had to say. "Don't join that club," a girl warns me, "I heard that club's captain plays with older girls. Like do you see his hair, he probably done it with a ton of girls". The girls shriek at the news as I twinge in the girls high pitch noise. Why do I always attract these kind of girls. The boy's captain... That's Kuroo. I mean I can understand how he does appear like some type of shady guy, but he did help me back in middle school when there were a bunch of boys hitting on me so he can't be all that bad...

"Well I think--" I shyly try to argue back, but I quickly get interrupted by the other girls who get caught in the commotion.

"I agree and I saw two members in that club, 2nd year boy and 2nd year girl dye their hair blonde, talk about delinquents," another girl says and all the girls gasp while I frown being ignored by them.

Kuroo introduced me to the blonde girl, Akane and the blonde boy, Kenma yesterday. Just from meeting them, they don't even seem like delinquents in any possible way rather I see them as the complete opposite. Kenma doesn't talk at all unless he needs to, while Akane is just a bubbly girl.Those two don't even define delinquent and they're nice people if you got the chance to talk to them.

"Oh and don't forget that loud guy with the Mohawk, he's probably a Yankee and sells all kinds of drugs," a girl in front of me murmurs and all the girls nod their head. A scowl forms on my face... Are they seriously ignoring me?!

I doubt Yamamoto would ever be the type of person to sell drugs... Maybe if they know him more, than they would see how desperate he is to get a girl to notice him... I mean, I only met Yamamoto twice and every time I saw him I had to dodge him or run away. His appearance is a scary looking guy, but he's not a Yankee, but instead he's just an awkward boy.

I take quick and non-obvious glances at the girls who continue to gossip without noticing that I'm slowly slipping away from them. Why do these girls all judge the boy's volleyball team members? I get out of my seat, but the chair squeaks and all the girls turn to me. "Where you going?" One of the girls ask, but in my mind I already know they're all thinking the same thing.

"I'm going to go to the gym now to help out as manager, bye." I quickly answer and leave them as I head towards the boy's volleyball gym. I would rather come early to another day of practice than hang out with those girls. I check my cellphone to check the time... I'm too early there's probably going to be no one there.

(At the front of the gym doors)

I awkwardly stand at the front of the gym and try to open the doors.

...

...

No success. I didn't want to admit it, but I'm right. I came too early for the practice they were suppose to have and the doors won't budge. I sit down on the steps and take my cellphone out of my pocket. No messages from Sota-nii today~ I sigh as I sit down on the steps and use my hands support me on the sides as I lean back to look at the clouds. Just a regular sunny day, the birds chirps and the gentle breeze blows the cherry blossoms off the tree that's close by to the gym. It seems like a normal day for me, except the only thing that's not regular is me joining this club and not going home at this time. I never did go out with my friend or participated in any club with my friends... It's not like I have any friends that I can join clubs with anyways ... I mean Inuoka and Shibayama are Sota's friends, not mine. Plus peer pressure itself is a bad thing, I'm weak to rejecting people unless I find an easy excuse and when I do reject people I'm lying to myself which is bad too on my part.