4. Game Day

Nanami POV
(A few days later ~ Game day)

I stand at the front of the entrance trying to tell to myself to go home, but I can't. I know today's is Nekoma's practice match, but my mom told me to go home early. Her suspicions have been rising because I have been recently coming home later than usual for the past few days because their practices extended longer than usual. It makes sense that mom's starting to get curious. However I don't want her attention to peak over about why I'm coming home so late and I know I should go home.... However I don't want to go home. I want to watch the match, but I don't want my mom to hate me. The conflicts in my choices. I know the right choice is going home... Or at least the choice that would lead to no argument with my mom.

I turn on my cellphone and check the text message she sent me.

<Nanami come home early dear. You have been coming home late for the whole week>

I stare at the message. I don't know what to do... In the past Sota would always let me do what I want and take the entire blame for the both of us. I never liked lying, but it was because of him I was able to do things on my own.... Ever since Sota and dad left, mom gotten stricter and now I can't defend myself when it comes to mom's scolding. I can't fight for myself and let her be right every time. I just have to agree to her rules and always follow them no matter my feelings towards them... Being the obedient child my mom won't hate...Maybe it's best to come home early.

I take a step forward and someone jumps at me making fall down to the ground. "Nanami what are you doing?" Akane comes over to greet me and I flinch after startled by surprise. I can't believe Akane tackled me without a care in the world.

"I... I was about to go home," I answer avoiding her gaze. I don't want to sound like it,  but I probably do sound like a terrible person for wanting to go home during their practice game as their manager. I glance at Akane and see a smile appear on her face.

"You don't seem like you want to go home. You been standing like that for 5 minutes," she says all knowingly and my cheeks flush red in embarrassment. Had I really stood out in the front for that long!?!? She pulls me by the arm, "Let's go Nanami! My brother saved us some seats. The matches here are crowd!" Akane says and drags me out without a second thought. "Kenma and the team are going to play now. We got to go!" She pulls me along and I chuckle. I can't believe she a second year, yet it's because she's like this it makes me feel more at ease.

We eventually arrive to the gym and my eyes widen seeing the gym filled with rows of people watching. W-what the-- !!! There's tons of people watching this match. I turn to Akane who scans the gym for someone. Her eyes lighten up and she pulls me along again. I find her older brother sitting there with a book in his hands. "Aoi!" she shoves me forward and introduces me to him. "This is Nanami Matsuoka. She's in the team due to my influence and Kuroo's words." She happily says. "Nanami, this is Aoi, my older brother and he's a friend of Kuroo's too." A friend of Kuroo's!? He seems so refined compared to that trashy captain.

"Nice to meet you, Nanami." he offers a handshake.

"Um. Nice to meet you too." I take his hand and shake it. These two siblings are so different. Akane's so bubbly while Aoi seems more sophisticated. If it wasn't for their obvious blonde hair then I would have never expected these two to be related just from looking at their personalities. I take my seat next to Aoi and Akane takes the other seat beside him.

I stare out to the courts and my gaze follows Nekoma's team and without realizing it my eyes search for a certain someone.... Kuroo. I find him practicing with the team and blocking another spike of Yamamoto's. My heart beats fast seeing him act serious in game. It's different from his usual self. I don't want to admit it to his face, but he's really cool. If I told him that though, he'll probably rub it in to others and annoy them more than they should. My obvious lingering eyes catch Kuroo's attention.