Chapter fifteen - Talk the talk

There you go. Three updates in one day, don't you dare complain! I feel the explanation is a bit insufficient, but it's late, and I'm tired, and I should've been in bed an hour ago because now I'll be just dead in the morning. The things I do for you... Enjoy! And please do continue showing me your love by voting and commenting, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! 

Not edited since I'm dead tired as it is. 

Nick's POV

I had texted back that of course I could come over, asking when he wanted me to be there, but he'd said that it didn't matter, he'd be home all day. So I showered, made myself some porridge, and when I really couldn't find anything else I absolutely had to do before I left, I went downstairs and walked to the busstop.

I wasn't sure what it was that he wanted to talk about, but I didn't believe in coincidence. Not when Zoe and I had talked about me and Lars and the effect of it on my plans for the future. Not when suddenly he wanted to talk to me after six weeks of pretending nothing had been going on. For once, the bus came too early, on time, that meant and the ride was shorter than I remembered, leaving me at Lars' front door within 30 minutes of walking out of mine. Too early for my liking, but here I was, nervous as hell, but I wasn't a coward so I just rang the bell with Lars' name on it, guessing he'd be in his room and see the flickering lights.

Lars' POV

Once my room was presentable again, garbage taken downstairs, sheets changed, surfaces dusted and the floor vacuumed, I still hadn't received a reply from Nick. I was pacing back and forth in my room, doubting if I should text him again, or maybe even ask Zoe to call him, when finally my phone buzzed again in my pocket. He'd come. As soon as I realised what that meant, I started freaking out. I had told him I wanted to talk, so I had to talk. I wasn't sure what I was ready to share yet, but I'd start with I like you and see where I ended up, I supposed. I went downstairs, going to find Zoe who was on a sunbed in the garden, trying to get a tan. She looked up and slid her sunglasses down from her nose when she heard me opening the sliding doors from the living room.

“He's coming over.” I signed, trying to stop my hands from shaking and my eyes from watering as a brilliant smile took over Zoe's face.

She stood, no jumped up and hugged me tight. “I'll go and see if Silke is home.” she signed and put her shirt back on. “Good luck, I know you can do it.” She pressed her lips against my cheek and darted back inside, leaving me alone and baffled in our garden. I stayed outside for a while, but then I realised there was nobody home to hear the bell, and the light-alarm from my own doorbell only worked in my room, so I went back upstairs to stare at my laptop until Nick arrived.

It seemed to take hours before finally the lights in my room flickered on and off, and however I had been waiting for so long, I froze on the spot. Suddenly I wasn't sure if this was the right decision, what I was going to say and how. I unfroze again when the lights flickered again, making me realize I was making him wait for me at the door so I got up, checked if my clothes were presentable (which of course they were, since I had spent an hour trying to figure out what to wear) and ran downstairs to let him in before he'd think I stood him up.

Nick's POV

I had waited for five minutes, but there still was no sign of movement inside the house, so I started thinking that maybe he hadn't been in his room after all. I wasn't sure if his own doorbell had a auditory alarm as well, so I rang it again, together with the regular one. Finally there was some noise inside, Lars' booming voice shouting he was coming and his footsteps thundering down the stairs. I'd seen him a couple of days before, but I wasn't prepared for the Lars that stood on the other side when he threw the door open.