Chapter Seven - An awkward prom night

Lars' POV

"Please Lars? You really don't want me to go to our prom by myself now, do you?" Silke whined for the seventieth time this week. She'd finally stopped nagging me about why I was acting like a total douchebag to Nick, telling me he didn't deserve my silent treatment and there was nothing between them. She kept repeating it and asking me why I cared so much. She even dared to suggest I liked Nick. Which I didn't. At all. Like to fuck him at the most, but I couldn't do that because he was friends with my sister and with my best friend, and I couldn't really ruin their friendship for the sake of a good fuck that lasts only a night, now could I? But I was wrong to think she'd leave me alone after three weeks of continuous nagging, she only changed subjects. To their fucking prom. For some reason, she needed a date now. Why? Beats me. There was never anything wrong with going on their own for the last two years, after I'd been Zoe's disastrous date the year before, but now suddenly I needed to be Silke's saviour and date to the prom.

"Come on Silke, I don't want to go! For one, I hate proms, I hate the display of wealth and fanciness that comes with them, I hate the blonde bimbos from your students' council throwing themselves at me like they're flies attracted to a piece of meat, and I really don't need your council president to see me after the trick I pulled on him three years ago."

"Seriously, Lars? You're bringing up Jasper again?" she asked, her arms crossed as she leaned against the door to my room, making me glare at her because she was about to rip the poster I'd pinned against it.

"The guy hates me!" I signed aggravated. 

"You're flattering yourself now. He has a boyfriend for over a year now Lars, I'm pretty sure he doesn't care anymore about the fact that you dumped him very ungraciously after that one night stand three years ago."

"It's not my fault that he thought I'd marry him as soon as I asked him to dance!" I defended myself, but deep down I knew it wasn't exactly the nicest thing I'd ever done. He'd been eyeing me with those lovey dovey puppy eyes for weeks when I asked him to dance at the prom, and I had gladly gone back to his room with him. He wasn't that bad, in fact he'd been pretty good, but I wasn't on the lookout for a boyfriend, so I had gotten up from the bed as soon as we'd done our business, pulled my clothes on and walked out. Zoe had been getting shit about it from him for weeks, giving me shit about not solving my own problems every night when she came home from school. Oops.

"Sure Lars, I'm not even going to discuss that with you now. But would you just come with me, please? I want a date."

I sighed, knowing I'd already decided I would in fact come with her. "Fine. But you're paying my ticket. And I want it the fancy way, dinner and prom."

"Deal." she beamed. "Wear that suit you bought last year. You look yummie in it." She turned around and smiled brightly before she sent me a wink and waved her fingers at me. "Pick me up at 7.30 tomorrow!"

Ugh. I had a little shimmer of hope left that she wouldn't be able to get a dinner and prom ticket a day up front, but knowing her, she'd probably bought them ages ago, knowing I would finally give in anyway. It sucked having a best friend that knew you since you were 6 sometimes. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I landed upon the one I needed.

Hey Kev. Fancy a night clubbing? Dinner at yours, dessert at mine? ;-P Lars.

Always fancy a night with you Lars, as you know. Your desserts are the best. ;-) Kevin.

A grin made its way upon my face as I texted him back with the details and got off my bed, picking out the clothes I wanted to wear to the club. I showered and fixed my hair, making a mental note about going to the hairdressers soon as it was getting quite long and I wasn't up for longer hair right now, and made a stop at Zoe's room on my way out.