1.1

Allison knocked on Sam's door. She was hugging her bag close to her chest. What if he didn't want anything to do with her? She waited for a minute. She could hear shuffling. Max opened the door. He gave her a warm smile. Her eyes glanced past him. She could see Sam sitting up. Max looked over at Sam.

"Your girlfriend's here." Max sang, stepping out of Allison's way.

Sam shot up. He met her halfway, rubbing her arms when they met. "Are you alright? You left and I didn't kn-"

She wrapped her arms around his waist. "I'm so sorry. That was mortifying for both of us and I wish I could've stopped it from happening." She spoke.

"But are you okay?" He whispered, rubbing her back. "I don't care about anything but your well being."

Allison pulled back, smiling up at him. "Thank you." She breathed before she pecked his lips.

The next day was the big game. Allison said her goodbyes to Kara and Mitch who were hiding in the crowd. Allison was up in the family suite. She had been talking with Robby's girlfriend. They'd met a few times.

Allison was nervous. She didn't know how Sam would be if they lost. She knew Connor was a terror. She didn't want to think like that, but she was trying to think realistically.

Anthony Duclair opened up the scoring twenty three seconds in. The family box went crazy as well as the arena. Max assisted it and did his signature tongue out celebration. Tie laughed, shaking his head at his son.

The game went on and Nick Paul scored a goal of his own. Russia got one back and that was all the scoring for the first.

The second started. Connor scored a goal. Allison laughed in the box when Cam lifted her in the air. Max scored and his dad let out an actual scream. Everyone in the suite was losing it over his reaction.

Sam scored one with help from Max. Theresa squeezed Allison into her side as she cheered. Kara sent Allison an inappropriate text.

He's gonna score later tonight too 😈

She just shook her head and locked her phone.

The arena fell silent after that. Russia scored three goals near the end of the period. The intermission games weren't as exciting. Everyone was biting their nails.

The third period was the longest period ever. As the clock wound down, Sam was the first person to start celebrating. He shot up, his gloves flying in the air. He had technically scored the golden goal. The clock ran down and the Canadian boys all started to celebrate. Everyone in the arena was celebrating.

Everyone in the suite was told to stay put until the team made their way up. Mitch and Kara left when the rest of the crowd did. The team was going to be partying that night, so they'd just see them then. Allison got to wait. The Reinharts and McDavids insisted.

She felt uncomfortable. Who did she congratulate first? Maybe she'd just wait for one to come over to her. But she hadn't talked to Connor.

Max was the first person to come to her. Probably because she was standing off on her own. He cheered in her face before he hugged her. She laughed as he walked over to his family and girlfriend.

Allison texted Kara while she waited. Kara was convinced Allison was gonna turn into some sex puppet for Sam. Allison hadn't even thought of that. She wasn't planning on that in the slightest.

"Allison," Theresa Reinhart pulled her from her thoughts. She smiled at Sam's mom. "This is Mandy. She and Sam have grown up together."

"Nice to meet you." Allison grinned, shaking Mandy's hand.

"I dated Sam before he was good at hockey." Mandy chuckled.

Allison laughed as well. But it wasn't funny to her. Sam's ex was here.

Theresa and Mandy talked with her for another minute before they excused themselves. More of the guys started coming up.

Allison was texting Kara and freaking out. She was ready to leave. Kara offered to get Mitch to come back to pick her up and everything. She almost talked herself into it.

Someone cleared their throat. She looked up and saw a smiling Robby Fabbri. She loved Robby.

"Hey!" She greeted, hugging him. "I'm really sorry you didn't get to play."

He shrugged. "I still get to experience this." He said in awe. "Waiting for Reino?"

"Yeah. I'm gonna congratulate Connor too." She explained.

He nodded. "They should be up soon."

They were up soon. And together.

Both went over to their families. Connor's mom was crying. Kelly always was a crier. Allison looked over at Sam and he was chatting with Mandy. They took a picture together. He was blocking her with the trophy. Allison frowned at that.

He noticed Allison and his face lit up a bit. He handed the trophy off to Curtis before he came over. She smiled at him.

"Good game." She sang as he approached her.

He grabbed her face, pressing his lips to hers. "Thank you." He breathed when he pulled away.

"So, uh, Mandy?" She cocked a brow.

"Completely done with that. Have been since I was fifteen." He explained, still holding her face.

"Okay, just checking." She smiled before she kissed him.

"Uh," Connor gulped. "Can I borrow Allison for one second?"

Sam looked at Allison. She nodded slowly, pecking his lips. Sam went over to his family. Allison and Connor just stared at each other. She sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck. He held onto her waist. She felt him exhale as she held onto him. She was so proud of him. But she was so upset with him.

"Connor,"

"I'm sorry about yesterday." He cut her off.

"Connor,"

"You don't deserve that. You've always been supportive of me and I should support you and Sam."

"Connor,"

"I just can't handle the way I feel about you at times, and it's selfish but I'm an i-"

"Connor, shut up." She spat. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." He smiled, squeezing her.

"I'm gonna go see Sam. Take care." She patted his back before walking off.

Connor let out a long sigh. "Fuck me." He whined.