4.0

Allison placed her final bag into Connor's car.

She was beaming. She had been wanting to go to Boots and Hearts for years and finally, she was. Connor walked over to her and leaned into her as he put his bag in the trunk. She smiled, running her hands up and down his stomach before she wrapped her arms around his torso. He smiled at her before he kissed her. She smiled into the kiss.

"I'm really excited." She told him.

"I'm excited that I get to spend this weekend with you," He sighed, as Mitch and Dylan came over. "And my best friends. All my favourite people."

"Who else is coming?" Alli asked, letting go of him. "Graham and shit, right?"

"Yeah, Graham, and Sam, and Chris, and all those guys. Some of Stromer's buddies, some of Marns's." He told her as he put their coolers in the trunk.

"Good thing I love sausage since it's gonna be a sausage fest." She teased.

Mitch laughed out loud while Connor shook his head.

"We're picking up Graham, Chris, and Sam and driving them up." Connor said, closing the trunk. "Is that okay with you, grumpy?"

"Hey, I'm not grumpy!" She laughed, shoving him. "I'm just teasing. I know someone'll include me when you're too busy to think about me."

He laughed. "I'm not taking my eyes off of you this weekend." He warned her.

"I can never take my eyes off you. Girls are like falcons." She shook her head.

Connor just shook his head. Mitch and Dylan loaded up Dylan's car. Alli gave them a lecture about being safe during their drive and they mocked her about it before they pulled out.

Kelly came out and said bye to them. She whispered to Allison about taking care of Connor, making sure he didn't do anything stupid. She promised her she wouldn't let him. And then they were off.

Connor kept a hand on Allison's thigh the entire time. She held onto his hand with both of hers, just staring out the window. It was a bit of a drive to get to his friends. She felt kinda... weird.

She was good with Connor and his friends, she loved his friends, but she had just always thought Kara would be with her whenever they did things like this. Kara and Dylan, Alli and Connor. That's how it was supposed to be. Hell, even Kara and Mitch would've sufficed. But Kara blew it. And Allison wasn't gonna dwell on it.

She looked at Connor as he turned onto some side street. "I love you."

His eyes shifted to her quickly then back to the road. "I love you too. But why are you saying this?" He asked as he pulled up to his friend's house and undid his seatbelt.

She rested her head on the seat, still looking at him. "I was just thinking about how it was supposed to be me and you, and Kara and Dylan forever, and Kara had to ruin it, and I don't know. It's just weird doing this without her."

He nodded. "We're gonna have fun, babe. I'll make sure you have fun." He promised, leaning forward and kissing her.

Allison watched Connor hug his friends. They started laughing and joking around as they brought their stuff out. She frowned.

Was she imposing? Was her being at Boots and Hearts going to take Connor away from his friends? He didn't see them often and she basically lived with him. Now she was regretting her decision to come.

The trunk finished being packed and the three guys climbed in the back. Sam Harding ruffled her hair. She smiled back at him before turning her eyes forward.

Connor climbed into the driver's seat, pulling his buckle across him. He grabbed Alli's hand, lifting it to his mouth and kissing the back of it before he laced his fingers with hers. That was comforting.

Chris demanded country be played so Allison plugged her phone in and blared some country music. The guys were talking and yelling amongst each other. Sam had been begging for twenty minutes for Connor to let him open a beer. Connor wasn't budging, he wasn't risking anything. Allison was just quiet. She didn't have much to say. She didn't even think she should be there.

"Hey," Connor whispered to her while the three were watching funny videos on Graham's phone. She looked at him. "Are you okay?"

She nodded a bit. "We can talk later." She gave him a small smile.

Now Connor was stressing out.

What could possibly be wrong? This was his dream weekend, and he thought Allison was excited for it too. Allison got to wear jean shorts, a bathing suit top, and an open plaid shirt all weekend and Connor got to gawk at her, along with every other guy, but he got to sleep next to her every night. He didn't know what would be better for either of them. He would be shirtless most of the time, so she got to see that.

He squeezed her hand. She smiled a bit, closing her eyes. She rested her head back on the seat. She needed to sleep and stop worrying. That was her only plan as of right now. Maybe she could find some girl friends at Boots so she wasn't in Connor's way the entire weekend. She'd figure it out.

Allison woke up to Connor literally lifting her from the car. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he wrapped her legs around his torso. He walked her away from the group. She said they'd talk later, and it was later. He couldn't get his weekend started without knowing what was wrong with her. He sat her on a gate.

"Talk to me." He begged, rubbing her thighs.

"Am I in the way?" She blurted out. "Is my being here gonna take away from your time with your friends?"

"What? Al-"

"I see you everyday, I basically live with you back in Edmonton, and these guys get to see you for like, this weekend every year, and now I'm here, and I'm-"

"You're a part of my life too, and these guys know that. They all like you, they don't care if you're here. I can spend time with my girl and my friends without it taking away from anything." He cut her off. "You being here is the furthest thing from a problem. It would be more difficult for me to enjoy myself if you weren't here with me, alright?"

She smiled, jumping into his arms. "You're incredible, Connor McDavid."

He just chuckled, carrying her over to the group again.

Everyone else started showing up. They had a few campsites together but there were some scattered across. Connor, Allison, Dylan, and Mitch were sharing a tent. It was like they'd be staying at their own tents very much. Mitch and Dylan were on the prowl so that would get rid of them, and Connor and Allison would get some alone time.

And if Connor was ever really in the mood, he did have his car.

"Are you excited still?" He asked, squeezing her shoulders as she attempted to set up the canopy.

She turned to him, smiling. "I'm excited as hell. I can't wait to see Sam Hunt."

"What about spending a weekend listening to your favourite music with the love of your life?" Dan asked.

Allison shrugged. "That's alright, but Sam Hunt." She fanned herself.

"You're such an asshole." Connor growled, kissing the side of her head.