Defensive

Thank you to everyone who voted or commented on the last chapter: rottingbells3189, niepoprawneslowa, Livvie99, NettleGoblinshimmer, Sapphire36, lilyhb, unkaufkat, Elf_and_an_agentnatalia_vegas, Lotr_elves_tolkien, shadowspinner, nothern_nights, tolkienfan00, CJ_Callahan90, TiedinRed, bre2333, Lostgirl2794, RacquelIrish, Tammyt70, Havecouragebkind, princesswithashotgun, syxhirxhnx, GG-Dreamer, and unkaufkat!

And Thank you to people who recently added "Kingsfoil" to their Reading Lists or started following me:  AranelDiSonne, JosephGrahamSuggtolkienfan00, GG-Dreamer, MissSnow26, flossyflathead, dreamer0, 365daysoffeels, Sapphire36, LilyBlondie, Optimus-Primes-Girl, OliviaSmith115, BreeannMee, Lostgirl2794!!!

Thank you for all the support!  #TeamSmirkwood

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  . 

Chapter 19: Defensive

November, 2941:

Thranduil really hated camping, at least the sort of camping that required him to stay in a miserable tent put up by his Royal Guard amid the ruins of Dale next to a desolate mountain reeking of dragon stench. He supposed the tent was nice enough, and they had carted along enough comforts to make his stay during the siege tolerable, but he would really rather be back in the splendor of his own hall.

To make matters worse, those foolish dwarves had survived the wrath of the dragon against all odds and were now being pigheadedly selfish about parting with the elvish heirlooms in the mountain, the legacy of his people. Well, he would see how fond they were of those white gems in a month from now, when their food had run out and they were all tightening their belts.