Strong

Thank you to EVERYONE who read the last chapter and voted or commented: Elf_and_an_agent, Lotr_elves_tolkien, Tammyt70 , NixieHellsin, tolkienfan00, debisrum, MissSnow26, sosialisten, Wild_flower15, dreamer0, princesswithashotgun, toffee3326, Havecouragebkind, 365daysoffeels, unkaufkat, RacquelIrish, rose5607, Sapphire36, love_live_read_books, The_Midnight_Fangirl, TiedinRed, YvaineRoss, natalia_vegas, lilyhb, GG-Dreamer, IliahOrpilla, lily28682.

Thank you to all the awesome people that added 'Kingsfoil' to their reading lists: nyxsnape, Pandaswag19, Little_Baby_Girl , lotrfan4ever, epicredpenn, _efflorescence, Juntjemelloentje, 123bunny.

Two hundred years ago...

Galion smiled from his position by the fireplace when he saw Lady Narylfiel bounce into the King's study. Thranduil had been particularly difficult earlier- nothing had pleased him! The tea had been too cool, then too milky, and he had decided that the bookshelf should be rearranged according to subject, rather than title. So the sudden appearance of Lady Narylfiel was a most welcome distraction indeed.

The young elleth was not in the least bit put off by the King's glowering from his armchair. "King Thranduil, I have heard from a reliable source that you had finished early for the day," she said brightly.

The king's eyes accused Galion from across the room.

Wide-eyed, the butler shook his head and mouthed 'It wasn't me!'

The king turned his attention to Narylfiel. Bow in hand, with her quiver on her back, she had a determined look on her face. "Your majesty, would you like to come to the archery range with me?"

Thranduil shifted in his chair. He picked up his glass, and then sat it back down when he realized it was disappointingly empty. "Narylfiel, you should ask Legolas to go with you."

"He's busy," she said quickly, "and I really wanted to go with you. I wanted to show you how I can use my new bow."

Thranduil looked up. "A new bow? Already?"