Commanding

Art credit: The Lost Aquarian.

Big Thanks to Everybody who Commented or Voted for the previous chapter: clarinetgirl96, YvaineRoss , northern_nights, natalia_vegas, Emmybeth1999, NettleGoblinshimmer, TiedinRed , Lostgirl2794, eyrn_Tuile_Numen12, princesswithashotgun, RacquelIrish, dreamer0, toffee3326, rottingbells3189 , Elf_and_an_agent, Lotr_elves_tolkien , love_live_read_books, e_Silmarwen_elf, _Dreamyn_, rose5607, lilyhb , debisrum, tolkienfan00, 365daysoffeels, OliviaSmith115, Tammyt70, wild_flower15, havecouragebkind, IliahOrpilla, Sapphire36, unkaufkat, niepoprawneslowa, GG-Dreamer, The_Midnight_Fangirl, wannabeyournasty, civ246094.

And the extra-Fine people who added Kingsfoil to their reading lists: yvaineRoss, sarcasticslytherin , PennyThayle4466, sosialisten, earwen_eledhwen, TiedinRed, JRockMiku, MariRS2286, Emyjanae, colettemariev.

. . . . . .

Three thousand years ago...

Thranduil cut a straight path through the trees, hurdling fallen logs, dodging branches. He neither stopped, nor slowed. The prince of the Green Wood was desperate to put distance between his father and himself.

It was not that he was running away, he told himself. He wasn't. He just did not want to be under the same roof as his father. He could not breathe there; he felt too constrained, like all of the king's expectations had piled up on him into an insurmountable weight.

His father had spoken to him of choices, even though it was clear to Thranduil that as a prince, he had none. He never had. King Oropher had made that abundantly clear to Thranduil this evening.