Hesitant

THANK YOU to all the awesome Wattpadders who voted or commented on "Strong:" _dreamyn_Lotr_elves_tolkien,   TiedinRed,   pawlacat,   epicredpenn,   YvaineRoss,   lilyhb,   Wild_flower15,   RacquelIrish,   woodruff92,   tolkienfan00,   rottingbells3189,   Little_Baby_Girl,   debisrum,   emmybeth1999OliviaSmith115 ,   dreamer0,   365daysoffeels,   wannabeyournasty,   DanielleRakes,   natalia_vegas,   Tammyt70,   sosialisten,   love_live_read_bookse_Silmarwen_elf, The_Midnight_Fangirl, rose5607, Havecouragebkind, GG-Dreamer, princesswithashotgun, CJ_Callahan90.

And special thanks to everyone who recently added 'Kingsfoil' to their reading lists!   Lillianath,   TheCopperWire,   irishejertima,   Sapphire36

Three Thousand Years ago...

Every elf in the Woodland Realm knew that King Oropher and his son, Prince Thranduil, adored the Yule season, and the big Yule feast at the palace was the highlight of every elf's holiday celebrations. Of all the elven feasts and gatherings, Yule might just be Thranduil's favorite time of the year. He loved the snow and icicles that frosted the treetops through the forest. He liked climbing to the top of the domed rock above his father's halls and seeing the tree canopy over the forest shimmer like a sea of white starlight. And most of all, Thranduil loved the traditions of the Yule festivities: the rich green fir fronds and red berries that scalloped down the halls with bright ribbons, the bakers churning out any number of treats, the glad songs thanking Iluvatar for the blessings of another year, and without a doubt, the exchange of gifts, the choosing of something elegant or memorable for those he cared about most.

Naturally, Thranduil had already given much thought to the majority of his gifts when Oropher instructed him to choose one more. His father informed him that he would be most attentive to Lady Elarien at this year's Yule feast. Thranduil should also take care to choose her a gift worthy of her status and suggestive of the prince's intent of courtship.

Thranduil had balked at the idea considerably, but Oropher would not be dissuaded, and no amount of stomping around, whining, or other non-princely behaviors would move him on the matter. So Thranduil resolved to do his worst and hope for the best, which, in his mind, was that she would not be the slightest bit interested in him.