Sparrow in Flight

The man claimed his name was Smith, and began telling his life story. Milah's mildly intrigued as she listens. It was a fine story but she couldn't help but wonder if he was merely a fine storyteller and if it was really his story at all?

The moment the thought crosses her mind was when she looks up and sees a woman tumbling off the fort tower. "And that was when they made me their chief," the man finishes just as the woman hits the water, dodging the rocks scattered against the cliff face.

"Elizabeth!" a man screams down in horror from on top of the fort.

It takes barely a second before it all clicks in Milah's head and her eyes widen in horror. It had been Miss Elizabeth Swann who had fallen into the water. "Oh my god!" She gasps in alarm rushing to the edge of the ship, the man and guards following her. She had met Elizabeth Swann multiple times when she was out and about with Will. The man was foolishly in love with her and tried as much as he could do be around the governor's daughter, bringing Milah along most of the time.

"Will you be saving her then?" Smith questions, turning towards the two guards.

"I can't swim," Murtogg admits.

He glances at Mullroy who merely stares back at him fearfully. "Pride of the kings navy you are," he then takes off his effects, which included a gun, a sword, his hat and his belt, and passes them to the soldiers to hold. "Do not lose these," he warns dangerously before he dives into the water to save Elizabeth.

Milah leans anxiously over the edge, waiting for the two of them to resurface when what seemed to a be a sonic boom rippled through the ocean. "What's was that?" She mumbles to herself before she glances upwards. The flag above them begins to blow the other way as the wind picks up. Out of nowhere a storm begins to brew, grey clouds swirling and destroying the blue patches. The unexpected weather change confuses all three of them.

Milah looks back at the water and her eyes widen. "Look!" she cries when she catches sight of the man and Elizabeth resurfacing. Without a second thought, she rushes to the docks and helps pull the blonde onto the deck, the soldiers right by her side.

"She's not breathing!" Murtogg observes in fear.

"The corset it's restricting her breathing," Milah points out, seeing the ghastly looking thing wrapped around Elizabeth's torso like a noose around a criminal's neck.

"Move!" The man instructs, shoving to the front. He pulls out a small blade before he cuts open her corset. Elizabeth gasps to life, spitting up the water she had swallowed and coughing in lung fulls of air a moment later.

"Never would of thought of that," Murtogg admits.

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore," the man sighs before something gold caught his eyes. Milah watches with a confused frown as the man grabs with a great interest the gold medallion around Elizabeth's neck. "Where did you get that?" He wonders almost to himself loudly.

The Royal Navy run up from behind suddenly with governor Swann with them. "On your feet!" Norrington orders, unsheathing and pointing his sword at Elizabeth's saviour. Milah notices that it was the the sword she and Will had been making for the past week and feels a beam of pride race through her at its use.

Governor Swann run to his daughter helping her up. "Are you alright?" He worries, immediately offering her his coat.

"Yes, I'm fine," Elizabeth reassures, wrapping her father's coat around her firmly as she clings to him.

The governor looks over at Mullroy with a frown. Th solider quickly tosses the corset away before pointing at the man next to him, non verbally blaming the stranger. "Shoot him," the governor orders immediately.