Grasping his Last Chance

The fight continues in the cave. Milah finally manages to throw her opponent away from her but as she glances around she sees Jack thrust his sword into Barbossa's gut. The pirate just looks exasperated as he pulls the sword out. He surprises them all though by reversing the sword and sinking it into Jack's stomach.

"Jack!" Milah screams, watching the sword stick out of the shocked captain' stomach. He staggers backwards but when he steps into the moonlight he becomes a skeleton, surprising them all. Will strikes his pirate down with a golden pot in his head and looks over with Milah towards Jack. "Oh my god," she could only gasp at the sight of Jack as a skeleton, running a medallion across his fingers

"Couldn't resist mate."

Barbossa hisses in anger. Jack yanks the sword out and the other captain chucks a handful of coins at him before charging with his sword. The two captains fight up the rock, changing from human to skeletons through the moonlight.

Will and Milah engage in another fight quickly as two pirates come running at them with battle cries. "Think that was his plan all along?" she calls over to Will as she blocks an attack.

"Wouldn't put it past him," He shrugs, pulling Milah out of the way so the pirate she is fighting stabs the one he's fighting. He keeps her behind him as the two skeletons fight, ending with a sword each through their chests before they glance over at them, pulling out their swords menacingly. Milah and Will slide down a part of the cave, the pirate's following after them. They spin back and begin to fight once more, swords clinking as the blades bash against each other in a deadly battle.

There's a sudden explosion and Milah's thrown backwards from the blast, crashing back against the rocks. "Milah!" Will yells and tries to get to her but he's quickly engaged in another battle.

Milah laus on the ground, groaning as her ears ring painfully. All she could hear was the ringing, everything else blurring her senses. Slowly, she gains her bearings and she blinks continuously for her vision to clear. However when she does she sees a pirate standing above her with his sword raised. "I'm going to teach you the meaning of pain," he grins down at her.

"You like pain?" A familiar voice suddenly calls and the pirate is knocked away from Milah by a large pole. "Try wearing a corset."

"Elizabeth?" Milah questions in disbelief as she stands to her feet, still slightly disoriented but able to focus enough.

The blonde looks around to catch sight of Jack as a skeleton. "Who's side is Jack on?" She questions the brunette.

"At the moment?" Milah shrugs, having no idea.

The two glance back at each other and both of them nod before hurrying to help Will. Elizabeth hits one with her pole and both Will and Milah slam into the other two. Elizabeth tosses them her pole and together, they barrel it into the pirates. Shouts of pain echoe as all three pirates are  impaled and none of them able to escape because of the large ends at either side of the pole.

Will set alight a bomb and shoved it into the middle of the pirate's chest before Milah and Elizabeth shove them into the darkness of the cave and they transform back into humans. The middle pirate scratches desperately at his chest but the bomb was unreachable. "No fair," he whimpers just before all three were blown to bits.

Will suddenly bolts for the chest of the cursed gold and Milah understanding his plan runs after him. Elizabeth watches the two from where she was, confused on what they are doing. Jack tosses his medallion at Will, but Barbossa turns his pistol onto Milah who freezes mid-step.

A gun shot suddenly rings out.

They all look to see Jack with his pistol out pointing at Barbossa a sly grin on his face. The captain scoffs in disbelief, "Ten years you carry that pistol, and now you waste your shot," He taunts smug.

"He didn't waste it!" Will calls and they all snap around to look at him. Will drops the two blood covered medallions into the chest, lifting the curse.

With a look of horror, Barbossa drops his sword and pulls back his jacket. Blood begins to seep through his white undershirt spreading from the gun shot wound. He looks up staring at Jack with shock written across his features "I feel...cold," he falls back against the treasure.

A green apple rolls from his hand as he stares lifeless up at the cave ceiling.

~*~*~

Now that it was all finished, Jack scavenges through the treasure. Elizabeth stands to the side with Will walking up to her. Milah wanders through the cave, not wanting to watch what she knew was going to happen between Will and Elizabeth. She grabs a sword from the floor, twirling it around in her fingers. It had a rather good balance on it, she muses before slinging it into her belt. She'll be keeping that.

Elizabeth turns to look at Will as he approaches her, "We should return to the Dauntless."

"Your fiancé will be wanting to know you're safe."

Elizabeth smiles sadly before looking over at Milah. "Don't wait too long Will or you may just miss your chance," she warns but the man looks at her confused as she walks away.

Jack swaggers over to Will, covered in jewellery and treasure ladled in his hands. "If you were waiting for the opportune moment...that was it," he remarks before grinning. "Now, if you'll be so kind, I'd be much obliged if you'd drop me off my ship!" He calls as he hurries after Elizabeth.

Will stands there, watching as they disappear through the cave before turning around at the sound of footsteps to see Milah standing behind him. "Shall we go?" She asks but Will simply smiles as everything clicks.

He leans forward and captures her lips with his.

Caught off guard, Milah pulls back in shock, "But Elizabeth-"

"Isn't the one I truly love," he finishes moving a stray bit of hair behind her ear with a soft smile.

Milah stares up at him in shock before a delighted smile spreads across her face. She leaps into his arms, her own wrapping around his neck, pulling him close as she crashed her lips to his, kissing him for all she was worth, happiness filling her entire being.

"I knew it!" they both hear Jack cry happily from behind and they pull away to see him still standing there smug, crown adorning his head. "Knew there was something going on between you two," he remarks, pointing between them and the two couldn't help but smile. "Now as happy as I am for you both, I'd like to get back to my ship, savvy?" He asks and they nod before following after him, hands enclasped tightly.

The four of them sit in the boat with Will rowing as they leave the island and head out to sea. Milah sees that the Black Pearl was gone and rests a consoling hand on Jack's shoulder, "I'm sorry Jack," she apologises sympathetically to the captain.

"They done what's right by them. Can't expect more than that." He responds blankly, looking away with a frown.

Milah removes her hand glancing at Will and Elizabeth as they sail back to the Dauntless, knowing Jack's fate was not a good one.