Hard Truths

Jack had explained his plan. It was completely insane. However Milah and Will couldn't think of any other way, so they had no choice but to go long with it. So, the three of them are currently moving towards of one of the upturned row boats laying along the beach. Jack and Will lift the sides up. Milah slips underneath and one by one the other two follow her. It ends with Will in the back, Milah in the middle and Jack in front.

Before they can move, they suddenly hear the sounds of hard boots walking across the path behind them. They freeze. If the navy were to catch them now they would all be screwed. After a few moments of silence Milah whispers, "All clear," knowing the soldiers had passed on by now.

The two men nod and together the three of them grasp hold of the edges of the boat, stand up and quickly rush into the water, carrying the boat hull above their heads. Somehow as they trudge further into the water, because the boat was upside down, the inside of the boat gave them a bubble of air and they were able to breathe. It seemed like it was impossible but the three of them were actually able to walk along the bottom of the ocean floor. "This is either madness or brilliant," Will comments from behind. Milah continues to look around bewildered on how this was all possible and what the hell went on in Jack's brain that he was able to come up with such an idea.

"It's remarkable how often those two trusts coincide," Jack remarks.

The three finally reach the Dauntless and swim to the surface, the row boat bobbing above the water with them but thankfully making no noises. Together they scale the back of the ship and climb over the edge with ease. Milah notices about a dozen Navy sailors gathered together on the main deck, playing dice; Murtogg and Mullroy among them. She rolls her eyes at how 'professional' they were.

"Everybody stay calm. We're taking over the ship!" Jack calls as he runs down the stairs from the top deck, Will and Milah coming up behind them.

"Aye! Avast!" Will shouts, brandishing his sword at them. Jack gives him a look but Will only widens his eyes innocently. Milah rolls her eyes, pulling out her own sword.

The sailors however all look at them and then burst out laughing.  The Lieutenant, Gillette  steps forward with an amused smile, "You're serious about this."

"Dead serious," Jack replies with a dangerous smile.

"You understand this ship cannot be crewed by only two men. You'll never make it out of the bay. "

Jack steps forward, pulling out his pistol and pointing it straight at Gillette's face, "Son, I'm captain Jack Sparrow. Savvy?"

A couple sailors move forward, hands on swords but Gillette holds up a hand, "Sir, I'll not see any of my men killed or wounded in this foolish enterprise," he remarks reluctantly and his men withdraw.

The three of them look at each other and Jack shrugs, "Fine by me."

Gillette gives a curt nod, "Agreed. You have the momentary advantage, sir. But I will see you smile from the yard arm sir."

"As likely as not," Jack grins before looking back at the boy behind him, "Will, short up the anchor, we've got ourselves a ship!"

As the stern sailors make their way down a rope ladder, and crowd onto a small rowboat. Will pushes hard against the windlass, to no avail ... the anchor is too heavy for one man. Mialh notices and looks over at the lieutenant, "A little help sir?" she asks with mock-sweetness.

Gillette stares her down and she smiles, looking pointedly to the side of him. The solider turns to see Jack still pointing his pistol at him. "I'd do what she says mate," the captain warns with a grin.